Meek Exhaust systems

Harlequin

Crunching Gears
First Name
Trent
Drive
'98 Galant VR4 Type S
Hey all,

I was wondering how many people have gotten an exhaust from MEEK and what are their opinions? The price seems pretty reasonable but I want to see what peoples opinions are first.

gorgath

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Irwin
Drive
1997 Legnum RED!!!
From what I remember, the exhaust they selling is not for the 8G VR4.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Shamwow

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mike
Drive
Commodore (dont hate, its for work) & MY16 WRX Premium
When MEEK offered me an exhaust it was a 2.5 cat back, not a 3. I ended up going to castle hill exhaust, well made 3inch cat back at around the same price as MEEK's 2.5

qball

1 AYC Bar
First Name
David
Drive
1999 White Legnum Type S Cold Spec with Recaros+Sunroof
It's a copy of my old Apexi cat back, no idea on pipe size or anything else. You should be able to find one custom made for less from Windsor exhaust or somewhere else

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
The one on my VR4 was from Liverpool Exhausts, was pretty good.

Harlequin

Crunching Gears
First Name
Trent
Drive
'98 Galant VR4 Type S
ahhh cool I might have a look elsewhere then! I sent off an enquiry to castle hill exhausts so I will see what they say. Its been too long between mods for my Galant lol

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
There was also Windsor Exhausts too from memory where a few people have gone to as well.

It was either Windsor Exhausts, in Richmond, or Richmond Exhausts, in Windsor :)

dwarfmarine

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Cameron
Drive
Previous: Black PFL Legnum
Current: TD5 Land Rover Disco
I wasnt overly happy with the Windsor Exhausts(Richmond) front pipe.
had to go back 3 times to have it redone.

dwarfmarine

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Cameron
Drive
Originally had tuned length, they went back the next morning after I couldn't get up my driveway they hung so low,
Went back had them tucked more, a month later they were destroyed again (shit hawkesbury roads didn't help)
Went back for uneven length and had to take them back a couple of months later to be tucked again.
I'm happy with them now though...

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
So, the car is lowered & you have an aftermarket exhaust system fitted & go hammering over bumpy roads which damages the system & they're to blame?

dwarfmarine

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Cameron
Drive
Well when I first went there I asked for it to be tucked as high as possible knowing my car was low( previous owner)
The fact I had to go back 3 times tells me they didn't really listen.

CUMSTI

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Paul
Drive
2000 Legnum Wagon
Did anyone notice an improvement in power? im about to impulse spend on either an exhaust, Air filter or email steve about a remap. Also Castle hill is quite close to the thrash pad. What are they charging roughly for a system from headers back ? :)

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
actually, you know what I'll just throw in pauli's template:

welcome to ozvr4 mate, that is a bloody nice and rare combo legnum you have there. you probably dont need it, but here's my handy template:

but all the info you need is here somewhere

eg:

http://ozvr4.com/forums/showthread.p...ook-here-FIRST. (index to lots of good stuff)
http://ozvr4.com/forums/showthread.p...ommon-problems (common issues/fixes)
http://ozvr4.com/forums/showthread.p...rum.-MUST-READ (all the info about these cars and their varients)
http://ozvr4.com/forums/showthread.p...taged-Upgrades (staged upgrades)
http://ozvr4.com/forums/showthread.p...tion-Info-HELP (production info)

and if you're wondering why you cant post a new thread, its cause you hav to be a donating member, which is $5.

Black_Ice

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Aamir
Drive
WRX
Did anyone notice an improvement in power? im about to impulse spend on either an exhaust, Air filter or email steve about a remap. Also Castle hill is quite close to the thrash pad. What are they charging roughly for a system from headers back ? :)

I got a mild steel custom exhaust from the turbos back from Castle hill Exhaust almost 2 years ago..cost me $1100 with a 3" xforce cannon muffler..just to let you know it was bloody irritatingly loud..so I went back and got a varex muffler put in...heaps better!! But I was happy with their work..

Top Bottom