Merlin032 aka Tim // Melbourne - VIC

Merlin032

Crunching Gears
First Name
Tim Kohlman
Drive
VR4 Galant
the importer is sorting out how to ship the stuff in the boot, apparently if they ship it with the right shipping line they can list it as "inner cargo", though I'm not sure if they are insuring it or not. I've asked for photos of what's in the boxes to work out if it's worth it. If it's just the stock wheels & suspension then I'm not going to be too fussed about taking a risk and shipping it without insuring.

Anyone know what the electronics on the dash might be? I presume a turbo-timer, but the other two things and the thing below the head-unit are a bit of a mystery to me.

Is the wing something that can be swapped for a stock wing without much work?

Merlin032

Crunching Gears
First Name
Tim Kohlman
Drive
VR4 Galant
also, it lists it on the auction sheet as "type S", what does that mean? (I thought the Type-S vr4's were only auto)

Slinz

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Grubby Nissan
I also thought the Type-S was automatic only... Maybe it's been converted? The benefit of the Type-S was that you could get a FL model still with AYC. Can't tell from the pics if you have AYC or not though.

cyber_scriber

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Bruce
Drive
2000 Galant; metallic dark blue; manual; Recaros; Momo steering wheel; and sunroof!
Nice combination!

Agree with you in that I'm not a big fan of the wing.

Might I remind you of what you previously said:

"I guess I could be waiting a while"

Nope! Only 2 weeks!

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
Bradc has a good post on all the model variants, but on the FL type s cars are available in manual (can't remember if they were manual only). PFL type s cars were auto only. will also have ayc.

Nice looking car

Slinz

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Grubby Nissan
Really? I thought that facelifts were not available with BOTH manual and AYC?

mchieff

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dennis
Drive
Legnum
From what i understand, a facelift manual is ONLY available in type S, and then the Galant does not get AYC and the legnum does.

mchieff

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dennis
Drive
Legnum
Uber fixed:
A facelift manual Galant is ONLY available in type V, and then the Galant does not get AYC. The legnum was only available as a manual in type S and it does get AYC.

Uber confusing.
To add to the confusion I also thought i'd read about a manual type s galant somewhere else on the site

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
Its a Type V. End of story.

There is nothing wrong with that BTW, the Type V's were more track focused than the S :)

Merlin032

Crunching Gears
First Name
Tim Kohlman
Drive
VR4 Galant
I think the auction sheet was wrong. ASA lists it as a type V I think.

Classification: SNGF3
Option: V00
Exterior: T07E
Interior: 06X
Production Period: 2002021-2002021

Does anyone know how to read the option code?

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
Uber fixed:
A facelift manual Galant is ONLY available in type V, and then the Galant does not get AYC. The legnum was only available as a manual in type S and it does get AYC.

Uber confusing.
To add to the confusion I also thought i'd read about a manual type s galant somewhere else on the site

Uber super duper fixed -

Facelift Galants come in both Type S and Type V

Type V is manual with no AYC. There were very limited numbers that DID come with an auto transmission, although I think we have only ever come across one on this site.

Type S is auto WITH AYC.

Facelift Legnum's came in both Type V and Type S

Type V is always auto with no AYC

Type S all come with AYC and can be had in auto or manual

For explaining this fully, I will take payments of 1000+ internetz please :p

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
looks like a great example!

Great seeing a near new engine bay again. We all look forward to seeing some more pics once landed! Noice find

OVR444

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Brett
Drive
2004 Mirage
Looks fantastic buddy! You should really enjoy it!

Correct me if I'm wrong; although there is a Tein EDFC box in the boot; the engine bay pic still has standard suspension. Keen to find out if you do have EDFC as I know my suspension can have it fitted. Was hoping someone on here would get one some day soon.

Hank Scorpio

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Lachlan
Drive
Mazda JC Cosmo, Mazda FC3C RX7 Convertible
Ralliart cup holder FTW!

Nice buy mate.

Merlin032

Crunching Gears
First Name
Tim Kohlman
Drive
VR4 Galant
yeah you're right that it looks stock from engine bay pic. TIEN suspension was listed on the auction sheet so perhaps they are not installed on the car and instead in the boot. I had a friend with a Silvia which had the EDFC installed, I think they can fit most types of TIEN suspension, I'll let you know if it has them (of course, the box could always have something else in it). I'm not so sure that the thing on the dash is actually the EDFC controller, it looks like the car has reverse sensors, also I got the auction sheet translated it says that it has navigation, that it's heavily modified (looks close to stock to me though) and that the drivers seat is worn.

Merlin032

Crunching Gears
First Name
Tim Kohlman
Drive
VR4 Galant
Hi all, I have some more pics...

IMG_0003.jpg

IMG_0005.jpg

IMG_0007.jpg

IMG_0015.jpg

IMG_0016.jpg

IMG_0004.jpg

IMG_0002.jpg

Are people sure those seats are not factory? they look stock like the stock seats to me just with crappy pink trim.

Also the stuff in the boot is.
- Tien EDFC
- Stock rims with snow tyres
- A 2 channel amp
- A subwoofer
- A cd changer
- A navigation installation kit

And looking at the ride height it looks like the rear is lowered but fronts are stock. Which is a bit odd.

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
yeah garunteed they arent stock, they are however the same model recaros as the evo 5/6 i think

car looks good! some nice goodies in there. hav you got them on the manifest? otherwise they'll be gone when you get the car

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
Pretty sure they are Evo IV recaro's. So Mitsu factory, just not factory for the VR4.
The factory option recaro's in 2000 were the red-splash recaro's, like this:

p3270098.jpg

Top Bottom