Mine's Ecu Questions

G

Unregistered
I think I have Mines Ecu in my Facelift AT Legnum and am wondering the value of the box for someone else to swap original, because I'am getting Haltech Miniceptor which will give me possibility to tune car.

I have no speedlimiter and I haven't got fuelcut yet (Hi-boost is set to 1.2)

Questions:

1: Is there any reasons I would like to keep this after getting haltech (spare)

2: Value for someone who is willing to trade original

3: Is there some specs to be found from ecu (are these all same or special tune for this car)

I haven't been on dyno yet but likely to go before haltech is here for check this state.

G

Unregistered
You can contact mines and ask them for the details on the ECU with the serial number on the case.

G

Unregistered
You can contact mines and ask them for the details on the ECU with the serial number on the case.

Ok Thanks.
Have to get it out someday next week when I start to wire those headlamps and alarm system.

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
I'd sell it to someone. You'll get $500 or so for it and if you're getting an extra ecu you won't need to worry about it.

G

Unregistered
How much is going price for factory ECUs and does someone have one to sell?

offers via PM

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
don't do it that way :)

Get someone to swap with you for your ecu and get them to pay you money.

G

Unregistered
don't do it that way :)

Get someone to swap with you for your ecu and get them to pay you money.

I need to get that factory ECU here before I can let my one go but that was my goal to do swap with someone.

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
I'm sure you'll move it eventually Lari, but I don't see any reason you couldn't tune the miniceptor on a Mine's ECU instead of stock. A bit of a waste, but hey it didn't cost you anything.

Sydo

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andy
Drive
Me Crazy
I need to get that factory ECU here before I can let my one go but that was my goal to do swap with someone.

I should be able so do a swap if you are interested.
I have a spare ECU (from a prefacelift, but that will do the job well) sitting in my shed.
Send me a PM if you are interested..

G

Unregistered
No one knows for sure the differences in the ECU's ... but I remember brad saying somewhere that someone was running the other series ECU in there car ...

Outlanded

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Brent
Drive
97 Legnum VR-4
I understand that but the bottom end of the deal is that you could just run a piggy back off the mines.... then "if" you were to remove it later you would still have a good ecu not possibly a "detuned ecu". that is the reason i raised my concerns

It doesn't matter if you're overriding the timing, fuelling and boost with a piggyback :)

Anton_Willows

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Tony
Drive
1996 Legnum VR-4
Mines sticker..

Ok so halfway through pulling out my ecu trying to remove my old happy apexi afc and i noticed a mine's sticker on my ecu..
I have heard that mines do an ecu for the VR4 but now i'm a little afraid to fiddle with it, main thing i wanna do is just connect the karma sensor back together and remove power and ground wires.. Basically get it beck the way it was before the afc was installed..
If i do have the mines ecu can i still get Steve to give me a flash or not?

CANDEE

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jeremy
Drive
1998 Galant VR4
On top of the ecu there will be a gold mines sticker that will give you the serial number which Mines can tell you the tune level.

It will be very hit and miss if it can be tuned. I think that most of them cant be tuned as they are locked.

VOLK

Stabbin' technique!
First Name
Joey T
Drive
13 RA Lancer Hackzilla
Merged with existing thread. Please search before creating new.

fieldy107

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Chris
Drive
Galant VR4
Get yourself a flashable ECU, I think technically mines are flashable but not sure if anyone knows how to.

Anton_Willows

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Tony
Drive
1996 Legnum VR-4
sorry volk.. will search harder next time thanks for the relocation..
gotta find out a mines contact (preferably in Australia) get some details off

Anton_Willows

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Tony
Drive
1996 Legnum VR-4
I'll probably come to the QLD dyno day regardless just to meet a few members and get a run on the dyno hopefully..

Top Bottom