Mitsubishi Concept cX

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
I really like the look of this car. Though it's a concept, I hope they don't change it too much, but I can't see the dash or gearstick staying.

1.8L Turbo Diesel with 100kw & SST transmission. I'd like the new 2.2L Turbo Diesel they have with 140-odd kw & over 400nm of torque!

Those are 19in wheels too. Rip the rear seats out & there's my new work car.

DSC08796.jpg

DSC08798.jpg

DSC08797.jpg

SPA51675.jpg

It's actually 2 years old, but last I read was that it's going into production.

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
I preferred the concept ZT that WAS going to be a 10G Galant but it has been canned :(

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
I hope they make that rear hatch wider. That's far too narrow to be practical.

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
With your opinion of Supers, I'll take your judgement with a huge pinch of salt.

I have nothing against Super VR4s aesthetically (other than the fact that the black bits should be black). And what we're talking about here is aesthetics. I just find it strange that the end-of-model cars that they couldn't get rid of and threw some extra stuff on are so lusted after.

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
I just find it strange that the end-of-model cars that they couldn't get rid of and threw some extra stuff on are so lusted after.

You obviously haven't been keeping up to date with the production runs & the truer figure of how many are out there...

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
They weren't? Cool.

One question though, anyone know why they were all auto? That always confused me.

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
The reason the COTY models were all auto's is because Mitsi marketed them as a premium model with ASC and TCL. Also lets not forget that back in 1997 a 5 speed tiptronic box was virtually non existant, everyone else was making crappy 4 speed autos.

For the Supers - I have no idea, it was possibly for the same reason.

Top Bottom