Mitsubishi Mirage with 6A13TT

Madhav

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Madhav
Drive
96 S2 RZ Supra with 500whp
Came across this by accident, can't believe they actually managed to fit it?

2955186_1_full.jpg

Should have a pretty decent power to weight ratio as it weighs less than a ton!

Here's the link with more pics. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2955186

Kristian

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kristian
Drive
Changes daily
Not quite as crazy a transplant as it first seems - the JDM Lancer sedans actually came with a 6A11 motor, a 1.8 litre V6 younger sibling to the motors in the Legnum/Galant.

I've got a customer in the US looking to do a full motor/AWD transplant to an FTO, which would be one hell of a car...

G

Unregistered
hahaha, sweet. wonder if its AWD ? now that would be frightening ...
The guy down the road at the service station was going to put a 6A13TT into an FTO last time I filled up there, first person ever to recognise my car and know what it was ...

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
thought there's already AWD FTO but in UK? not just AWD.. but also using 4G63T.. and thought it was featured in a magazine?

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
They're obviously not concerned with traction if it's still FWD lol

G

Unregistered
There's a Mirage in Australia that has en EVO engine and modified running gear in it. It was featured in Hot4's magazine a couple of years ago. Was a great conversion, imagine all that power and AWD in a < 900kg car? lol

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
A guy I know put an FTO engine into his mirage. Not quite the same amount of power, but still a lot, and in such a light car that meant damn fast. Wheel slip was surprisingly mild - you sit so far forward, between the engine and passengers most of the weight is right over the front wheels, so you had to work hard to get it to let go (in the dry, at least).

The sad thing is the car cost him about $35k by the time it was finished, but then he moved to NZ and only got $16k for it :(

I guess the upside is he had NZ cars to play with after that!

Oh and that VR4 engine in the Mirage is insane... Can't believe they squeezed it in there! And what the hell's that kid doing on the plastic engine cover?? TRYING to smash it?!

G

Unregistered
6a13 in mirage

Hey guys,
Been a member here searching for info on these wondeful engines as im in process of shoehorning one into my ce lancer coupe.
I already have the non mivec 6a12 v6 2 litre in there with a 5 speed and just purchased an auto from EKW in melbourne.
Now just stripping it down to see what i can do to strengthen it then bolt on the single puffer, most prob a k51hks or gt35 for some serious dyno power.
Eventually stripping the rear subframe and floor out of my gsr to make my coupe either rear wheel drive using an evo box or chase up the legnum manual 4wd unit.
I got a set of 20x10 under the rear waiting
sideshotwheels.jpg

100_1630.jpg

sideshot2.jpg

Image007-3.jpg

Image014-1.jpg

Image012-1.jpg

matchtheclown

Time p33nt
First Name
hugh
Drive
99 VR-4 Type S Man
That lancer is going to be pretty insane once it's done. Will look straight out of need for speed with the flared gaurds... and will have power to match.

EVR4

Crunching Gears
First Name
J-D
Drive
1997 Mitsubishi Lancer
I have one aswell like canabl except mine is a sedan

l_b23990aaddeacffb7298bbaab013f5d9.jpg

G

Unregistered
Not quite as crazy a transplant as it first seems - the JDM Lancer sedans actually came with a 6A11 motor, a 1.8 litre V6 younger sibling to the motors in the Legnum/Galant.

Proton also did a 2.0L v6 "wira" thats a cc lancer with different front and rear lights and bumpers you could pull off any part to the car and you would have mitsu numbers stamped on it. I think it was the 2.0l v6 found in the 1993 galant hatch we got over here in Aus rated at 110kw (i think)

sickvr4

Hesitantly Boosting
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
1998 Galant VR4
Proton also did a 2.0L v6 "wira" thats a cc lancer with different front and rear lights and bumpers you could pull off any part to the car and you would have mitsu numbers stamped on it. I think it was the 2.0l v6 found in the 1993 galant hatch we got over here in Aus rated at 110kw (i think)

i remember seeing on ebay within the last 12 months, a yellow Proton Jumbuck ute, with Evo engine+AWD. wanted a lot of $$$ for it. can't remember how much though, although it was $20k+

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
i remember seeing on ebay within the last 12 months, a yellow Proton Jumbuck ute, with Evo engine+AWD. wanted $18.5k for it

I remember that!

A guy i know knew the bloke who owned it.... He'd been in it and said it was just insane!

Well worth the 18.5k if you could put up with drving a Jumback ;)

sickvr4

Hesitantly Boosting
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
1998 Galant VR4
my old man has a jumbuck. They are gutless, and should have at least been rear wheel drive. prefer the old ford courier anyday. :)

Top Bottom