kevin

Hesitantly Boosting
Lifetime Member
First Name
david
Drive
2001 VR4 legnum
hi,

i was wondering if, as we all want, we add some power to our cars, what's the effect on all other parts?
how far can you go tuning the stock engine? at what point do you really need to consider other drive shaft, clutch, how much power can the stock A/T handle?
what's best to look for, more torque or more power?
in the end i will never race my car on a track, but showing off at a red light, beating a Porsche (or other) is just the best thing in the world...

at the moment its a stock 280hp legnum vr4 type S
what will be needed to be quicker at a red light then a bmw M3 or stuff like that (let's say 4 sec to 100km/h)

AKKO

2 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Chris
Drive
1998 Galant VR4 Type-V (Facelift)

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
He's in France, give him a break.

kevin

Hesitantly Boosting
Lifetime Member
First Name
david
Drive
2001 VR4 legnum
i did read the staged upgrades.
but that is just a guideline in which order u need to change things.
i guess i'm not obliged to follow this... i like the wheels on the car so i will probably not change them.
my question about what power the A/T can handle is not really answered in the topic neither whether or not the driveshaft / differentials will hold
what to do to get more power is easy as hell... it's the rest of the car we should be thinking about.
in my opinion a rear upper strut brace will only make a difference when you are on a track doing some cornering that your face flies off...even without the brace, our legnums go around the corner like hell

who here has tuned his car to 600HP and can tell me that stock driveline will hold?

AKKO

2 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Chris
Drive
1998 Galant VR4 Type-V (Facelift)
SafMotorsports has some experience with these if you need to discuss with someone local. Have you heard of them?

Also look at Madhavs vr4 it was auto iirc.

kevin

Hesitantly Boosting
Lifetime Member
First Name
david
Drive
2001 VR4 legnum
i did try to contact SAF by mail and facebook but he did not reply to me yet...
also he is 1000Km from my place.

Top Bottom