My New Custom Headlights are Finished

G

Unregistered
I finally got around to finishing my headlight conversion. Basically its removing the front clear part of the headlight and moulding in the black internal insert to the body of the headlight and colour coding the whole thing to give it a bit of a Cibie light look with separate open lights....

06072008594.jpg

bogan bob

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Dion
Drive
'15 Amarok
Looks good! Was this a home job or a trademe pick up?

might be a stupid question but would you expect any extra noise when travelling at higher speeds?

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
That does look cool, but I would be worried about the increase in drag

G

Unregistered
Home job, made them myself for next to nothing. No problems with the light beam , no extra noise and it doesn't even take off any top speed.... just kidding.

06072008598.jpg

06072008599.jpg

06072008601.jpg

06072008602.jpg

06072008592.jpg

G

Unregistered
I would not expect any drag issues because they would form fairly static air pockets inside them virtually making them covered over. IMO

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Nice work Ben, I'm impressed dude. You may have a bit more problem with bugs and cleaning now, but it certainly looks hot!

Are they completely sealed against water coming in from the face? Can you still dismantle them?

G

Unregistered
completely sealed . Can still dismantle as before.

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
The indicators look sweet - almost like evil little eyes :)

Also, is it just me (or the angle of the photo), or is your intercooler sitting crooked?

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
dude.. that's looks very very nice.. i wouldn't call it sexy cause we can't shag cars..

I gotta give you alot of credits for your efforts and individuality..

so now... wanna help me with my projector conversion?

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
If I brought a second hand pair of lights - how many hours would it take us (mostly you) to make up another set in white :D

G

Unregistered
Christian...have you got the projectors yet? lets do it

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
dude.. that's looks very very nice.. i wouldn't call it sexy cause we can't shag cars..

I gotta give you alot of credits for your efforts and individuality..

so now... wanna help me with my projector conversion?

I wou;dnt agree with that Kristian, there was a story in the paper a few weeks ago about a guy that's been haveing sex with his VW bettle for around 18months....no, not in Australia...:banghead:

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
Christian...have you got the projectors yet? lets do it

not yet, but i will be.. im also worried about the lens cut off.. since the projectors im getting will come from US..

I'll inform you asap when im holding them..

I wou;dnt agree with that Kristian, there was a story in the paper a few weeks ago about a guy that's been haveing sex with his VW bettle for around 18months....no, not in Australia...:banghead:

kinda sick.. but what kind of pleasure does he get out of it?

G

Unregistered
If I brought a second hand pair of lights - how many hours would it take us (mostly you) to make up another set in white :D

Good question, when are you going into mass production!!:confused:

Top Bottom