My odometer is stuck on 0 and wont reset?

G

Unregistered
my VR4 is currently showing 0km on the ODO and, when he presses the trip button it does not switch to Trip A and Trip B. Has anyone else suffered this problem? the car hase the mmcs system with navigation i will disconnect the mmcs navigation system is this a problem with the mmcs navigation system
when i disconnect the carbattery givs any problems with the mmcs system when i restart the system

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Dirk I'm no expert, but as far as I know the Odometer stores its information in a chip built into the console - even if you take it out and stick it in another car it should retain the same reading. No other system should interfere with it.

Sounds to me like it's stuck on a trip counter... Maybe the trip button is faulty?

Wait until you've gotten some more replies, but if no one has any suggestions I'd suggest you dismantle the instrument console and ensure the trip button is working correctly.

Nick

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Nick
Drive
Aristo
changed thread title boys, let me know if this is not suitable.
It made no sense to me!

Hope this is right.

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
It is a strange one Dirk, I've never heard of something like that happening before.

Only suggestion I have apart from disconnecting the battery is to buy another one.

G

Unregistered
hello i have disconnect the battery for 20sek in the display is the same number 0 i will disconnect offer the night i give you next day a information now

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
I don't think that will change anything Dirk. Either the on-board memory built into the console has reset or the trip-meter switch is playing up. You can disconnect the battery for a year and it won't fix that.

Hmm, that's a really interesting point - being digital, what components are used in the console for memory storage? Sounds suspisciously like volatile memory with a built-in battery, but that would be stupid... Not that I'd put a stupid decision past a car company, mind you!

Does anyone have a spare console cluster they want to take apart??

G

Unregistered
can you give me the mitsubishi part number from the Hi-Contrast DIALS for legnum vr 4 with ayc and the price waht it cost i will order a new one

G

Unregistered
can you give me the mitsubishi part number from the Hi-Contrast DIALS for legnum vr 4 with ayc and the price waht it cost i will order a new one
my chassi number is EC5W 0200321

G

Unregistered
As far as I can see you can't buy the dash complete from Mitsi. All the components have individual part numbers

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
MR506170

you won't want it though, it is a 6500rpm redline V6 dash without AYC

Top Bottom