N/A Legnum VR4

G

Unregistered
Is there such a beast as a non-turbo VR4 ?? There's one on eBay just up the road from me - the seller's been trying to shift it for months now. Been meaning to have a look but it'll finish before I have the chance. Is it the real deal, or a GLS with a VR-4 badge ??

G

Unregistered
I spoke to the bloke a coupla months ago..

He said he put a VR4 badge on it cos thats what he was told it was.. It's an N/A V6 with 4WD.. But the chassis number says it's got Turbo's and AYC :confused:

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
NO, the chassi number EC5W says it is a Legnum with 4wd and a 6a13. My ST-R also has an EC5W chassis number.

It will have 128kw from the 6A13 engine that was also sold new in the UK with the V6 sports and V6-24's

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
Brad, does the ST-R also have the AWD system? i mean not including the AYC though?!

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Yes it's still AWD.

£480 is a great price though, definitely worth it if you need a runabout IMO.

Subaru ETA

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
David
Drive
97 Galant VR-4 M/T
thats not an st-r tho, it has 4 stud wheels so its just a ST. so it has the gray dash aswell.

the st-r is the same as a vr4 just withhout the ayc and turbos

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
yeah it is a 25ST, just like Carstens car. Poverty pack light grey interior and 4 stud wheels

G

Unregistered
NO, the chassi number EC5W says it is a Legnum with 4wd and a 6a13. My ST-R also has an EC5W chassis number.

It will have 128kw from the 6A13 engine that was also sold new in the UK with the V6 sports and V6-24's
Err.. YES.. I have the complete chassis number that i got from the owner :wanker:
It says it has Turbo's and AYC.. But it hasn't :confused:

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Just ran caps on my chassis number, and apparently yes my ST-R has turbo's too!!!!

Go into the gearbox section though, mine lists a W5M42 which is correct for a manual ST-R.

G

Unregistered
well maybe thats a sign you need to add turbos.lol

G

Unregistered
Err.. YES.. I have the complete chassis number that i got from the owner :wanker:
It says it has Turbo's and AYC.. But it hasn't :confused:

Really? So the config code comes up as LYGF when you punch in the number into CAPS?:cool:

EDIT: I'd like to see that, can you pass me the VIN too?

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Mine comes up as an LNGE, but if I go into the engine section I still get to see turbos :D

If I actually click on them I get NO DATA though

G

Unregistered
So yes, it actually DOESN'T say that it has turbos then. Caps isn't clever enough to delete the relevant sections that don't apply - As an example, on my chassis code you can still see rear drum brakes even though discs are at each corner. The config code is the important bit as that denotes the model.

G

Unregistered
Went for £770 in the end. Came down to a bidding war between 2 people - hopefully neither were the seller.

What did the jury decide: ST or ST-R ??

Top Bottom