New IOS 5 released today

Poita

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Peter
Drive
Legnum
LOL before you Apple lovers start using the fact that the Samsung Tab was banned due to copyright, as proof they copied the iPad, have a read of the court case. The reason in Germany was... Samsung was rectangle with curved corners... Sounds stupid but that is what it came down to, they couldn't get them on anything else.

Edit: trying to find the link.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
Im not an apple lover, but I dont understand the hate either. Same as:
Ford / Holden
Jap / Aussie
US / Jap
Apple/Android
whatever, just give credit where its due for its good points and if you prefer something else, good on ya.

G

Unregistered
LOL before you Apple lovers start using the fact that the Samsung Tab was banned due to copyright, as proof they copied the iPad, have a read of the court case. The reason in Germany was... Samsung was rectangle with curved corners... Sounds stupid but that is what it came down to, they couldn't get them on anything else.

Edit: trying to find the link.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

It's the vibe of the thing, your Honour.

Poita

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Peter
Drive
Legnum
Anyone else remember hand typing ringtones into the old mono screen Nokias? Those were the days... & then you could SMS to people on other carriers!

They're the one piece of modern technology I despise. I only have one because work gives me one. I've got a Samsung Galaxy S, but with the rooted firmware (Darkys Rom Extreme Edition) & upgraded Android but it's a buggy pile of pus that always reboots so I want the original Samsung firmware back on there. I also hate touchscreen keyboards.

Try Cynagenmod7... it's what I have on mine and I love it.

sanchez

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
rodrigo
Drive
legnum
Have a look at the Mozilla seabird phone, it's only a concept at the moment but sheesh...

SLY-031

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Joel
Drive
VR-4 Legnum
internet-memes-upgrade-your-iphone-easily-u-mad-apple.jpg

M0R81U5

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mick
Drive
PFL Legnum
So guess what....I received my 4S this morning...and wait for it....I like it!! (I know, right?) :D

I could give 2 shits about flash or customising it to within an inch of its life...it does what I need it to do well and well, dammit, I like apple products. I've been a mac user for well over 10 years and currently have 2 macbook pros, 2 ipods, 3 iphones and an ipad. Oh and a lonely Blackberry. Like Johnny Storm said...'Flame on!' :p

Madhav

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Madhav
Drive
96 S2 RZ Supra with 500whp
Yeah I got mine this morning and am thoroughly impressed with siri.

It's only in beta now but I can really see this evolving.

wendnarb

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ben
Drive
1998 VR4 legnum
I'm using iOS5 on my 4 and loving the new stuff! It's still just as fast as it was before!!

Johnny_k

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Johnny
Drive
97 COTY Legnum & 09 Astra
Siri is voice activation. Just like we have now but they are trying to take it alot further. We now have people here with 1 so they should give us the low down on what does n doesnt work. Looks good but

Johnny_k

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Johnny
Drive
97 COTY Legnum & 09 Astra
Sweet. I can update my iphone 4 to a 4s for .99. Luv it

[TUFFTR]

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Paul
Drive
Mitsubishi Magna
Upgraded my 4G to iOS5 (Yes I realize it's a cisco term confuses me all the time in class lol) and it is AWESOME.

Although I really had no problem with IOS 4.3.5 this software is how it should of been from the start! from the camera shortcut on the home screen, to the notifications swipe down panel to the LED flashing, awesome OS

Also anyone who SMS's iOS5 to iOS5 with iMessage turned on can SMS anyone, around the world, for nothing :D I know viber does the same thing but to have it integrated into part of the software is smooth as.

4GS would be sick as with Siri but for now I think it's a great combo for what I pay for this thing. Dad's got an S2, simply not a fan. He like's it, good on him.

buduki

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Cheyne
Drive
Stocko Galant vr4 Type V
^^ Cool android has had these features for quit some time now. What is it with apple users don't you get out much? In all honesty though if apple was open to sync with other os's and I could use it as a mass storage device I would go out tomorrow and buy the new dual core iphone 4s. I do like the design but like our cars it's what's on the inside as well.

Top Bottom