New Lancer Hatch

G

Unregistered
Saw these parked on the docks in Freo today and my god are they ugly.

Image000-7.jpg

Image001-6.jpg

G

Unregistered
looks like mitsubishi and subaru are fighting for the ugliest hatch...

G

Unregistered
They are trying to steel some focus sales and not doing a bad job I might add. I think it looks weird in a good sort of way.

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
I don't see why they didn't go the way of the corolla and go with a more upright rear, more like a station wagon.

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
Interesting how the Ralliart hatchback version looks like (from the side view) a Peugeot 206 in the front and MORE like the Alfa Romeo 156 in the rear!

happymatch

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
jono
Drive
Maza Astina 323, Merc C Kompressor
when bmw 7 serisecome out, most of people thought it was very ugly. but noe, it lloks good. new lancer hatch looks ugly. and in the future, it will still look ugly..

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
The E65/66 7 series first gen was very ugly. The facelifted one wasn't so bad, and the new one looks quite nice

Mortz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Luke M
Drive
1997 Legnum VR4
I reckon the new Lancer sedans look great, squared off a bit and not as rounded as most modern cars. But that Lancer wagon looks terrible. That is probably the worst looking car i've seen since the newish Subaru hatchback. Both are way too complex at the rear, the lines are all over the place and they look like they have been hit from behind by a semi. Harsh criticism maybe but I really hate ugly cars, and those cars are uglier than a bloody stagea!!!

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
when bmw 7 serisecome out, most of people thought it was very ugly. but noe, it lloks good. new lancer hatch looks ugly. and in the future, it will still look ugly..

Every BMW made this decade looks ugly in its own special way.

snickells

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Anon
Drive
Car
Obviously I'm part of the minority who actually thinks they look good. They wont be for everyone but for quite allot of people they will fit the bill perfectly.

matchtheclown

Time p33nt
First Name
hugh
Drive
99 VR-4 Type S Man
I saw them at the motorshow today. Obviously not a legnum, but if they sorted out the back a GSR lancer wagon would be a similar beast I imagine.

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
I quite like the new lancer hatch. In the flesh it looked very Lexus-esque. Quite noice...just not sure about visibility through the rear window.

bogan bob

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Dion
Drive
'15 Amarok
mmmm bit too subaru style for me.

That said, if it runs as good as the sedans, im all for it. Ive had a couple of lancer rentals recently and i love the CV trans and engine, plenty of overtaking power but economical and pretty comfortable cruising at speeds i wouldnt expect a smallish car to be stable at.

G

Unregistered

Attachments

• medium_2289105199_73fe08a981_o.jpg
    medium_2289105199_73fe08a981_o.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 1
  • medium_2289105259_fa3b51dffa_o.jpg
    medium_2289105259_fa3b51dffa_o.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 1
  • medium_2289105347_ae6c594e56_o.jpg
    medium_2289105347_ae6c594e56_o.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 5
  • medium_2289105635_ca24bd3d17_o.jpg
    medium_2289105635_ca24bd3d17_o.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 1
  • medium_2289896892_c72b4cc9f6_o.jpg
    medium_2289896892_c72b4cc9f6_o.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 1

happymatch

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
jono
Drive
Maza Astina 323, Merc C Kompressor
luke. are you are p plater how did you manage to register the car under your name?..you legend~

Top Bottom