nixta aka Nick // Brisbane - QLD

G

Unregistered
Actually, while I'm posting, when do the Legnums get their major service: 90,000kms or 100,000kms? Because there's another great looking one up the Sunny Coast, and it's done 94-odd thousand clicks.

(Apologies for not using the 'search' button for this one!)

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
100 thou mate,

your lookin at between 400 to 1500 on parts to parts/labour

OVR444

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Brett
Drive
2004 Mirage
+1 for Carmen Import Centre mate; they are friendly, honest and a great bunch of people.

Could not recommend them enough! Thats my mechanic and I trust their opinion 110%

G

Unregistered
Legnum has been purchased! It's a stock white 7/1997 auto, 95,xxxkms on the clock, big sunroof, very straight panels, and auto start/off buttons. Picking it up this Saturday... can't wait!

fieldy107

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Chris
Drive
Galant VR4
Congrats on your purchase. Awfully close to major service, hope you took this into account. On/Off button I want :p

post up a members ride thread when you get it so we can have a look :)

G

Unregistered
Congrats on your purchase. Awfully close to major service, hope you took this into account. On/Off button I want :p

post up a members ride thread when you get it so we can have a look :)

I knocked $2000 off the listed price, plus I can do cash work as a sparky to help pay for the service, which will be cheaper through my mechanic anyway.

I will take some pics on Saturday (if I get a chance) and post them up. I think the first thing I might do is look into a set a 'blue' headlight bulbs (not HID... probably too exxy). Any suggestions?

G

Unregistered
Hey again everyone, just wondering if I might be able to gain some invaluable insight from my fellow VR4 members!

I live in Brisbane, and I'm hoping to do a couple of basic mods on the Leggy. They would be:

- Get a cat-back exhaust
- Put some 18s on
- Install some "blue" headlight bulbs

Being the n00b that I am, can anyone suggest where I might find some bargains for the abovementioned?

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
exhaust shop
wheel shop
autobarn

what suburb/area?

fieldy107

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Chris
Drive
Galant VR4
Paulie is on the mark as usual. Get a few different quotes from exhaust shops cause they will vary by quite a bit, you want 3" stainless mandrel bent. Ill probably get shot down in flames for suggesting this, but check this out for wheels: http://www.rotawheels.com/ these wheels are not expensive enough for some of the other guys on here. cough.. paulie.. cough.. tim :p

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
:D nah im cool with rotas, steve and lachy arent, snobs :p

as for the exhaust, my personal view would be 3" mild steel if you're on a budget, no difference to stainless, just a bit heavier, but hey, these arent racecars so its not goin to matter. spend the money on a good 3" cat and rear muffler. resonators are optional (i dont run with any). be prepared to spend upto about $800 on a 3" mild mandrel system with a 3" cat. factor in another $200 for resonators.

stainless would be about 1300 i think.

if you're near acacia ridge, ring craig from Extreme Custom Engineering, 3274 3700. top quality work and a great guy. he made my front pipes and new rear section on my exhaust.

qball

1 AYC Bar
First Name
David
Drive
1999 White Legnum Type S Cold Spec with Recaros+Sunroof
If you can wait for the exhaust you can get them second hand off importmonster for around $400 delivered. There are some good ones for sale at the moment

G

Unregistered
Great, thanks for the advice. I will definitely check out importmonster... since this is my first import, I wasn't sure where to start looking.

I live in Capalaba, so I think I might hit up a couple of the local muffler places too.

And can anyone tell me what headlight bulbs the Leggys have? H4s?

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
Great, thanks for the advice. I will definitely check out importmonster... since this is my first import, I wasn't sure where to start looking.

I live in Capalaba, so I think I might hit up a couple of the local muffler places too.

And can anyone tell me what headlight bulbs the Leggys have? H4s?

try men at work exhausts then, they do a top job too

Mel-D

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mel
Drive
2012 Ford Focus ST Manual,Tangerine. Evo 6 Blue manual.Had 2004 XR6 Falcon M11 Auto,Yellow GT stripes. 1999 Legnum Manual,White
Pete_D can vouch for Men At work exhausts doing a great job, they have done a few cars now so know the VR4's

G

Unregistered
I've been a customer of MAW Exhausts before, and I agree that they do a top job. I will definitely check out a few places though.

Top Bottom