[NSW] Mini Meet - This Saturday - 29/08/09

3M-TA3

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Daniel
Drive
BLACK MANUAL '97 LEGNUM
yeah~ sounds good. if we have enough time and all that, might be able to go for a cruise to somewhere quiet and fun.. like, national park or windsor. I am up for it. i need to meet and greeet newies as well.

hey if you guys come to the national park you can all help me move. one big convoy of VR4s (y) it would only take one trip. other wise i cant make it:thumbdown:...boo....

Casper

Crunching Gears
First Name
Lewis
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 type S 4SALE!
Sorry,still havent got licence back! Another month 2 go...

happymatch

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
jono
Drive
Maza Astina 323, Merc C Kompressor
hey if you guys come to the national park you can all help me move. one big convoy of VR4s (y) it would only take one trip. other wise i cant make it:thumbdown:...boo....

i called you to give you some help but i think your phone was out of reception~

really~!o_O

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
It's 3am and I just got home lol so I'll be sleeping way in tomorrow, but I'll definitely be there by say 11-11:30am :)

If you guys want to SMS me for any clarification on any details, feel free to do so! I'll just reply when I wake up LOL

See you guys tomorrow!

Zild

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andy
Drive
1998 VR4 Galant
Sorry to pike on this guys, had a late one last night! hope all goes well

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
Great day guys :)

For everyone else, we went through Galston Gorge (sp?), and got lunch at some pub in Dural, then down Old Northern Rd, through Wisemans Ferry and up Wisemans Ferry Rd through Spencer and Peats Ridge, then down the Old Pacific Hwy :)

Good day! I took some photos, but not many :p

devol

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
gavin
Drive
s1 galant-04 pajero
thnx for a great day-- srry had to bail b4 ferry - promised son id do some stuff with him in arvo- but lunch and drive was ace, mini cruise,any time. oh yeah very nice vr4's guys all awesome.

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
Glad you and your son came out! I'll be putting up some pics soon :)

qball

1 AYC Bar
First Name
David
Drive
1999 White Legnum Type S Cold Spec with Recaros+Sunroof
Sorry to miss a cruise. I just got back from NZ and man there are heaps of series 1s there, But did see 2 Series 2 Roan Red VR4s and a super on the way to the airport. After driving a 2L auto subaru wagon for a week i love my car even more

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
Sorry to pike on this guys, had a late one last night! hope all goes well

Pffft you pike on everything don't you !!! :mellow:
Should get your priorities right & turn in early to make the meet.
Not enough bro just not good enough :D

3M-TA3

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Daniel
Drive
BLACK MANUAL '97 LEGNUM
i called you to give you some help but i think your phone was out of reception~

really~!o_O

thanks Jono, yes no reception. I AM IN A HOLE:cursing: only crazy people offer to help move some body elses house. any future cruises through national park i should be in, thats where i live now. will be going past TOMS corner twice a day!!:LOL:

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
Hahaha.. Have they resurfaced my corner yet? Last time I was at natio it was dirt road right up to just before my corner :p

G

Unregistered
Well, talk about a great day with great people. Bella and myself thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. We arrived at Thornleigh Macca's around 10:30 am, grabbed a Caramel Latte and waited for the others to arrive. Wayne and Julia were the first to roll up in his Denim Blue Gallant. I was amazed at how different the cars were. Tom pulled in next, and Bella wanted his bonnet. Jonno and Joe arrived sometime later, and they went and had a feed. Then Gavin rolled in with his son (sorry Gaving, I can not remember your sons name). We stood around and chatted. I was asking 101 questions and was getting answers.
We all headed of to Galston Gorge, and had lunch, good tucker too, not to mention some laughs. Outside in the carpark, we all compared cars and the differences. Gavin installed an AT cooler, and I was checking to see how to install one when I noticed that the radiator had been rubbing on one of the AT cooler lines. He adjusted it and said he would fix it at home. Bella liked the Recaros in Tom's car. Wayne pointed out the difference from the V type and S type for me.
We headed down to Wisemans Ferry. Wayne, Tom, Jonno and Gavin lead the way, and Bella drove sedately. She is still getting used to the car and was concentrating. She was happy to plod along at her own pace, and I was happy for her to do it. I took some photos whilst she was driving, and when i compress them (18MB RAW file) down, I will be sure to post them. We reached the ferry where Tom got fuel, and Gavin and son left us for the day.
We stopped at the Hub, and Wayne ask Bella what it would take to let me have a drive. She said if I bought dinner...........no probs I said, I was buying dinner anyway.
We left the HUb and continued up Wisemans Ferry towards Somseby. All I an say is, what an excellent road to drive a VR4 on, and I am sure we all thought the same. Little traffic, a lot of road, and more corners. We stopped at the cross roads at Somesby. Both Wayne and myself hit something hard, no damage. Jonno said he came over a bridge and bottomed out hitting his dump pipe. I hope all is well Jonno. Before heading back to Hornsby via the Old Pacific HWY, Tom requested I drive in front, not sure as to why, maybe to much pressure. LOL. Off we went in VR4 fashion. Hitting the bends, criss crossing from left to right, under accleration, but no-one in my review, not seeing the fun in that, I backed off and waited. Once on the south side of the Brooklyn Bridge the road had been completely resealed. All our tyres were screeching around every corner, and the funny thing was, that even driving up hill on a straight they were screeching, (bit like an American movie tyre that screech on dirt). We joined the F3 at Berowra before heading back to Thornleigh Macc's. Jonno headed off with a wave out the window. Tom lead us back to the start where Wayne and Julia, Tom, Bella and myself said how great a day it was and we need to do it again soon. Wayne and Julia were kind enough to lead us to Strathfield Station where we were to pick up Brad and I could buy her dinner.
Brads train arrived, and we than drove him home, and just like everyone else on the day, commented on the gear stick, and asked if it came with the car. We pulled in at Erina for some fuel and Brad walked around the car. He liked it and also pointed out the S1 tow hook cover, (am will to swap the S1 tow hook cover for an S2 tow hook cover). He said the front VR4 badge had faded, but I told him it is actually Gold, he doubled checked and said he had never seen a Gold one before. That is what I like about these cars, they are all different. We got to Brad's place and he showed us the Super, would like to see it in the daylight, offered that if he ever wanted it detailed to let me know. Bella and I headed off and arrived home at Midnight.
Sorry for not doing a write up earlier, but I woke the next day with a sore right shoulder, (I wonder how that hpened), and than punished myself again on Sunday 4WDing all day.
Bella and I would like thank all that turned up for turning up at such a short notice. Special thanks to Wayne for getting us to Strathfield. I hope we all enjoyed ourselves and will be awesome to do another meet, (maybe Wayne can twist Bella's arm about the Bathurst Cruise, LOL)......it's all good, she is working that day........and it is her car. Thanks again guys and girls, hope to meet you all and other real soon.
Yowie

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
Great write up dude !

Emu

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Wayne
Drive
1999 Galant VR4 1993 HJ V6
Great write up Sean... Excellent day. Had a blast. Only the radios were a bit quiet in parts. Maybe the co-pilots next time can commentate??? Glad to be a part of it... Cant wqait for Bathurst now.. Woo Hoo.

Bella, I'd like to do a lap with Sean around Mt Panorama in your car..... Any chance???? Might be a dinner in it... lol?

M0R81U5

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mick
Drive
PFL Legnum
oh crap....just like me to find this thread 3 days after the fact.....

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
oh crap....just like me to find this thread 3 days after the fact.....

Check out the Bathurst one! You have a couple of weeks before it yet hehe :lol:

G

Unregistered
um .....no chance ,but the dinner offer is apreciated maybe we could do a dinner meet sometime and i might let u go for a burn with yowie in my car one day lol

Top Bottom