[NSW] Nav Fun Run - 15th Nov!

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
1999 Legnum Type S
Hey guys, I've started mapping out the nav run course and doing some questions etc.

I just need to get an idea of when most people are free as I want to incorporate a BBQ lunch at the end of the nav run so we can chat, bag out my questions and eat food :D

Also so then I can tally points and hand out prizes ;) I'm hoping to be able to do something like this every year as a Christmas cruise.

I guess October is out, too short notice. But what about mid Nov? Say the 15/16 or the 22/23?

UPDATE WITH MEET INFO:

MEET: Windsor McDonalds carpark, just off Windsor Road before Winford Motors (there's a massive sign of a Wizard with a wand). The road you turn off to is Groves Ave
TIME: 10:00am start. Aim to arrive at 9.30am, late comers can still participate, but I do have to head to the end meet point at some stage so I can't hang around for too long. I'll be leaving the starting point at 11am at the latest.
BRING A PASSENGER! You'll need a navigator/passenger to look for the answers on your clue sheet!
END POINT: Pugh's Lagoon Reserve/Smith Park, Richmond. At the bottom of Francis St, Richmond.

I'll post up some google maps pictures so you can see what it all looks like.

matchtheclown

Time p33nt
First Name
hugh
Drive
99 VR-4 Type S Man
Is this going to run like geochaching? Or will we be right with a std GPS.

I had a look at a geochaching site a while a go and my head imploded. I'll give you bloody latitude / longitude D:

matchtheclown

Time p33nt
First Name
hugh
Drive
99 VR-4 Type S Man
The reason I came across geocaching was because I did some hash runs in remote Loas at Sepon Gold Mine.

They where loads of fun but a little different from the hash runs I found googling in Sydney :(

The Laos ones always ended with an awesome amount of beer sculling and a 2x1 meter slab of ice.

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
1999 Legnum Type S
I'm not doing anything near as complicated as long/lat :ROFLMAO:

Basically I'm writing a set of clear directions with the clues in the order you'll come across them...but not TOO specific otherwise it'll ruin the fun.

There's easy ones, medium ones and cryptic ones. Bonus points for lateral answers too (some may have to come down to a majority vote though :ROFLMAO:)

I'll post up an example of what I've done (without the questions) when it's all sorted. I still need to go around the route and time it to know exactly how much time to allow.

You should be able to use a GPS no problem. Hopefully with my directions you won't need it though :D I will be at the end meet point on standby to help if anyone gets drastically lost.

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
1999 Legnum Type S
Here's a sample of the first few streets of the course, there's no questions in this bit so you can't prepare

Starting at the Windsor McDonalds carpark, exit via the Groves Ave exit and TURN LEFT <--
Keep going to the intersection of Windsor Rd and Groves Ave (lights) and TURN LEFT <--
Follow Windsor Rd past the Mobil 1 till you hit the 60 zone. Just after the bridge, TURN RIGHT --> (COURT STREET).
Drive to until you arrive at a T intersection and TURN LEFT<--(PALMER STREET).

I think that's pretty easy to understand, is that alright for everyone? It's much more nicely set out in the Word document, but the general gist of the directions is what I'm getting at.

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
1999 Legnum Type S
Excellent! It seems the 15th Nov is the winner :D This is shaping up to be a great day!

Please bring a friend, everyone needs to have a passenger for the run otherwise it's a bit too risky trying to look around when driving.

A message to all: You MUST bring a passenger to participate, it's just for safety.

Attendance list (Please copy/paste and add your name to the list, so I can organise snags/drinks for the bbq)

VR-04-TT
matchtheclown
dimi_108
gorgath
happymatch

gorgath

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Irwin
Drive
1997 Legnum RED!!!
Paul, if you need anything else, just give me a shout! I am more than happy to help out. :)

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
15th is only a slight possibility for me, 22/23rd is more of a yay for me.. but seems more people are keen for the 15th :p SO yeah, can only be a maybe at the mo for that!

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
1999 Legnum Type S
15th is only a slight possibility for me, 22/23rd is more of a yay for me.. but seems more people are keen for the 15th :p SO yeah, can only be a maybe at the mo for that!

Cancel all your other plans. This is more important...don't make me hurt you...:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
1999 Legnum Type S
The course is completed! The questions are being finalised tonight :D And I'll be checking out the BBQ facilities at the end point.

So you all know, the course will take you from Windsor to Kurrajong and back to Richmond.

MEET: Windsor McDonalds Carpark (off Windsor Rd)
TIME: 9-9.30am for a 10am start

You've got 4 hours to do the course, it should only take about 2. So I'm allowing for getting lost, taking time to get a drink at the 1/2 way point etc.

We'll end up at Pugh's Lagoon Reserve in Richmond.

Now I just have to go out and get the prizes (I have no idea what to do!!!) Any ideas on prizes would be great!!!!! :D

I'll provide map references for the meet and end point tonight.

VR-04-TT
matchtheclown
dimi_108
gorgath
happymatch
Tom (if he knows what's good for him :ROFLMAO:)
um318r

matchtheclown

Time p33nt
First Name
hugh
Drive
99 VR-4 Type S Man
Prizes > 3rd boost controller, 2nd FMIC, and for first place a Haltech piggy back ECU.

Look we will only have to throw in like $300 each for the prize pool. I'll be totally fine with that because I'm going to win.

OK?

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
1999 Legnum Type S
Hahah!! Perhaps something more affordable :p Like car care products or something?

And the last person wins a toilet seat! They sign their name on it and then pass it on to the toilet seat winner the next year haha

Top Bottom