(!) on dash after replacing brake rotors?

matchtheclown

Time p33nt
First Name
hugh
Drive
99 VR-4 Type S Man
I think I've seen it somewhere before but I can't remember where.

I'm just wondering what it means / what I should do about it?

I put in RDA slotted rotors to replace the shagged brembo's.... and now this lighti s always on.

Well I noticed it would occasionally flash to off when braking REALLY heavy at the trackday.

Scottie

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Scott
Drive
1999 Type S Legnum
(!) is the handbrake as is triggered via a switch attached at the handbrake itself.

matchtheclown

Time p33nt
First Name
hugh
Drive
99 VR-4 Type S Man
Weird. Handbrake is definitely not engaged.

Brake fluid is good I bled the whole system through with ATE super blue before the track day.

Should I check where the handbrake connects to the rear rotors. The handbrake cable does get in the way of the lower caliper bolt so I had to push it a bit to move it out of the way... *Shrug*

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
Isn't the handbrake mechanical though Brad?

I would be more inclined to think it would either be the switch that Scotties referring to or check the cable that runs under the body for misalignment or catching on something.

I've had to replace the sleeve from the hand piece to the connector under the body as the cable had frayed and jammed inside and caused the same issue (Not in the VR4, in another car :))

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
It shouldn't make a difference if the cable is catching, if the handbrake lever is down THAT engages the switch. AFAIK its not connected to an intelligent system, it has no idea if the lever is down but the drums are engaged, it won't show the handbrake light at all. The dash light only comes on if the lever switch is open. If the light is on and the lever is down, the switch isn't connecting properly (thus busted). You could bridge the contact manually to test, if you like.

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
I was asking that in case the brake fluid level is low and causing the light to come on

Top Bottom