Options for LSD rear diff

G

Unregistered
G'day Guys,

Looking to see if anyone has some expert advice regarding using a viscious LSD rear diff (3.545 ratio) in an aus-spec VR4. The diff has no axles, as they were cut-off just beyond where the rubber boot from the axle flange attaches to the axle. I've been told that the right/rear axle on the viscious LSD is longer than the axle on the standard aus-spec diff, so that it engages the LSD. This means installing the viscious diff and using the open diff axles is not an option.

Is it possible (and financially viable) to get axles to suit the viscious LSD 3-bolt diff, and if so, from where?

Is there a possibility of using the LSD diff that I've not thought of?

Cheers Guys,

Judd

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
Unfortunately I can't be of much help, and I don't think many people on here will be.

The best place might be the new zealand mmc guys. They have a lot of 6G VR-4's

G

Unregistered
Thanks Guys

Thanks for the replies guys - appreciate the effort. I'm actually a member of galantvr4.org and have been for quite a number of years, I was branching out and come across this groovy community. It's good to see you guys direct me back there for more advice. Just goes to show I'm in the right spot then. The guys there gave some good info, so problem solved.

Once again thanks.

Judd.

p.s. it turns out, so long as you have the axle stubs that go into the diff housing, then it can still be utilised.

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Good luck Judd - a lot more people would have said hi I'm sure, but to be honest your question was way out of our league! Make sure you let us know how you get on :)

Top Bottom