Outlander & ASX

G

Unregistered
Hey guys looking for a family wagon now and am looking at these two vehicles..
But ....

I don't like the motors or drive trains
And if outlander I only like the facelift Evo style.

My questions would be if I got a preface lift outlander could I swap the frontals over to a facelift like we can with the galants?
Update the interior options and electronics?

And next I'd want to drop in some more power..
Economical is key but with a bitta jush too. 2.4 and 2.0 mivecs don't cut it for me I need want atleast 180kw on a 4wd train.

What's your thoughts guys?

Jonson

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Jon
Drive
MY15 X MR
Yep, you'll need the supports, guards, bonnet, lights and front bar obviously.
I would just spend a bit more and get the FL version.

Ernz1981

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ernz
Drive
1997 Galant VR4
considerered the Subie 4wd wagons?

one with the 3.0L H6 engine.

wouldn't bother with a forester...same wheelbase as a impreza.....pita to get the kids out (like the impreza) once you shove the baby seats in the back.

G

Unregistered
Good ideas guys thanx,um we like those two and due to the nature of the outlander I don't see myself paying more than 15k for it and the facelift is a big price jump and then I'd rather buy the asx and have car like handling right?

At 26-36k for ASX and 3k for drivetrain upgrade its a 30-40k custom crossroad then,cheap IMO
The outlander 17k and 3k for drivetrain and say 2k for facelift kit it's a 22k custom facelift outlander really

fieldy107

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Chris
Drive
Galant VR4
You really think 3k is going to get you much of an upgrade in a 4WD that has no aftermarket bolt on performance parts? Thats gonna get you some sway bars and coilovers, maybe some other stuff, but far from a complete drivetrain upgrade. Its still going to be a big heavy 4WD with no real performance at all.

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
We have an Aspire ASX- turbo diesel, 6sp manual as well. Has some decent poke and awesome economy. Plus, all the goochiness blue tooch phone 7 speaker sounds system etc etc Pretty reasonable to for the price. I picked it up for 33k with 9500km from Victoria

G

Unregistered
Simon that's what I want but wife wants auto grrr and I don't like cvt and I wonder if I can get a non cvt bolted up?
Chris I can source anything so I'm confident in when I give my prices lol... All my mates own wrecking yards so I get below public cost.. Way below for personal items

Ernz1981

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ernz
Drive
1997 Galant VR4
"happy wife, happy life" comes to mind....when reading that last post =D

is she even gonna know the difference if it's pre/post facelift or if it's got cvt?

then again....my partner still thinks i drive a magna......she seriously has no idea.

one of my mates also bought an IS-F recently, he told his missus how much it cost...and she goes...."i think you got raughted by the dealer, i saw those on tv. They're doing 0% finance and driveaway for $58k"

-> he was really cut....she thought it was an is250.

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
Simon that's what I want but wife wants auto grrr and I don't like cvt and I wonder if I can get a non cvt bolted up?
Chris I can source anything so I'm confident in when I give my prices lol... All my mates own wrecking yards so I get below public cost.. Way below for personal items

I believe the auto is out mid this year. My wife hates auto's she won't drive them :D

The 6 speed is really good and by unfortunate circumstance we found out how good the diesel is at speed. Boring story short, i sat on 160 for 40km which equated to 3100rpm. At that speed it got 6.7L/100:p Very stable on the road, we were super impressed.

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
Though they're nothing like the old school RVRs (their REAL name!) :p

How do they compare to the Hyundai ix35? They come in turbo diesel with a 6-speed auto box.

G

Unregistered
Yea after a bit of research I think we are set on importing 2 outlanders. 1 pfl goody and a wrecked facelift for parting out.. The only thing is the v6 or the 2.4????? Hmmm

Want to end up with a VRX or equivelant with all extras. Kick panel,etc...touch screen blah blah,basically do to it what we use to do to pfl leggys back in the day lol

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
Outlanders are relatively heavy and get shitty economy. go for a drive in an ASX diesel, you won't look back, i promise!!

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
No autos in the diesel though yes?

Correct, but what freakin homo wants a auto turbo diesel FFS? Man up and teach the wife how to drive a manual, common- she's already know's how to work a stick eh?? Just show her what you like tell her how awesome it feels to work it :blush:

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
That freakin homo would be our software trainer at work, who's looking for a new car to lease.
With the kilometres he racks up, & the amount of urban driving he also does, he doesn't want to be stuffing around with a manual anymore.

If you like playing with a hard cylindrical shaft all the time, then you're not spending enough time with the wife :p

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
That freakin homo would be our software trainer at work, who's looking for a new car to lease.
With the kilometres he racks up, & the amount of urban driving he also does, he doesn't want to be stuffing around with a manual anymore.

If you like playing with a hard cylindrical shaft all the time, then you're not spending enough time with the wife :p

That's just awesome...thank you Mrs King Panther:blush:

Top Bottom