2010 Outlander

VR4sum

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Alex
Drive
2009 Toyota Kluger
Thought I'd start a new thread on the new 2010 Mitsubishi Outlander.
When I first saw the ad I actually rewound it saying 'wtf is that?':huh:
First thing I thought was how lazy the mitsi designers are getting. This would have to be the first instance I can think of off the top of my head where a manufacturer has just banged the front end of one model onto another existing model and gone 'sweet, there's the new shape' But then I guess if you're onto a good thing, stick to it.
Personally I think it can work, but does not in standard form.
(for the record I LOVE the old outlander)

Anyway, leave it open to discussion, interested to hear what people think.
BUT before you judge...
Found this GT version which I think looks brilliant!:love:

....now if only there was a 6A13TT conversion kit....
mitsubishi-outlander-gt-prototype.jpg

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
I really like it. Personally I think the big pity with the Outlander was that they haven't released the engine out of the EVOlander yet, which is a V6 6B31 Supercharged with about 240kw and 440nm of torque.

Ohh and with a manual gearbox of course!

VR4sum

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Alex
Drive
2009 Toyota Kluger
EVOlander? What? who?
Is this just a name you have given it or is there actually a prototype outlander running the above engine and box?
'Cause if this EVOlander exists, where does the queue start?

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
In Europe you can get two diseasels, of which the only redeeming feature as far as I can tell is that they are available with 6 speed manuals.

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
Hmm, I like it from the end of the head lights back.. I always liked the older Outlander, but now it looks just like a Lancer!

google evolander
zomg

evolander1.jpg

CARmageddon2359.jpg

mitsubishi-evolander-concept-0.jpg

Lots High Res, interior, exterior, etc:
http://www.netcarshow.com/mitsubishi/2006-evolander_concept/

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
Would probably be deliberately underpowered like most factory released forced inducted vehicles..

Where as you can then easily bring out the extra power from a tune/slight mods? Probably for matching it with other cars in their class, or maybe some power-weight things or something? Like import rules, or rules in the country for companies selling cars?

I have seen 2 of these new outlanders since seeing this topic.. I really don't like the whole Lancer front end thing, I like the previous model so much more! :(

G

Unregistered
I like the previous model so much more! :(

True........Previous model look better!!!!

Also Mitsi designers are definitely getting lazy i guess..COLT & OUTLANDER both have the Lancer front end!! :thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown:

Did you guys see the Ad that they have come up for the Outlander!! Actually I like that one!! Not the Outlander itself though!!!!!

Oh and why don't we get the EVOLander here!!! Looks tough!!!

Top Bottom