Panel Beaters

Rosco

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ross
Drive
96 Legnum vr4 Triptronic
Hi there,
So after a full week and a half of ownership some bogan who was so drunk he walked into the side of my car reversed out of a drive straight into my car as i was driving. Despite locking the wheels, swerving onto the verge on the other side of the road he still hit me.

Front quarter needs beating and probably a respray, wheels got some nice scrapes in it other than that i think im pretty lucky.

Anyway im with Shannons and i get choice of repairer, anyone had work done and would like to recommend it. I would prefer someone experienced with Legnums as i want he suspension checked from where he hit the wheel too. Its my pride and joy so i dont want a generic, slap happy, that'll do attitude big shop.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Cheers

Rosco

Hank Scorpio

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Lachlan
Drive
Mazda JC Cosmo, Mazda FC3C RX7 Convertible
Piero's Panel and Paint on Charles Street are a quality outfit. If I had choice of repairer that's where I would go :)

Rosco

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ross
Drive
96 Legnum vr4 Triptronic
Tried pieros, turned me down flat, said he had too much work on, going to get a quote from Nova today, http://www.novasmashrepairs.com.au/ ten year workmaship warranty and courtesy car looks like a good option. Im going to ask to see their work too obviously, unfortunately everywhere i rang is booked up till early october.....this makes ross sad.....

Requested

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Joshua
Drive
1996 Toyota Soarer GT-L vvti x2, Legnum S2
Guys, bump! Anymore panel shops?

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
I can think of some to avoid... Unfortunately there are a lot of cowboys in that game these days, and you're right everyone is ridiculously flat out. My recommendation would be to sit with the yellow pages for half an hour, call all the major repairers, make sure you tell them it's fully insured (as they often won't take private jobs) and any that say they're happy to fit you in, explain that you need the colour to be matched properly. Check the car over VERY carefully when you get it back and make them do it again if isn't 100%. A friend of mine had the front quarter of a jag repainted by a major repairer in Burswood (required by his insurance) and they couldn't match the metallic fleck properly, so that one panel always reflected light differently from the rest of the car, making it stand out. They redid it FOUR times before he gave up and just sold it. :banghead:

Rosco

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ross
Drive
96 Legnum vr4 Triptronic
Nova did a great job and gave me a brand new 380 for the week they had the car :D

AKKO

2 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Chris
Drive
1998 Galant VR4 Type-V (Facelift)
Was gonna recommend In-Style Customs in Bibra Lake... hopefully get my Galant back from there tomorrow!

timmae2006

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tim Dev
Drive
2000 Mitsibishi Legnum
Pro paints work is exceptionally good, if your gettin an insurance claim i would take it there!!! The mustang i saw today with its metallic blue paint job was so gorgeous I couldnt look away lol

Top Bottom