[SA] Panel Beaters, any recommendations?

J-B

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jarrad
Drive
EVO VII GSR
hey guys, im in need of a panelbeater. Someone decided to not stop in time behind me (luckily it was only in a carpark), does anyone know of anyone that is decent around the edwardstown area?
I have to get one quote from the insurance prefered repairer, but i can get a second one from anywhere so was just seeing if i should use someone specific or just go with the insurance repairer. There isnt much damage other than bent bumper supports and some paint but i thought i would ask if anyone has had work done before.

cheers guys

G

Unregistered
I would have mentioned a guy out north he is fantastic but i dont think you would drive to the barossa. But I also had a guy just off golden grove road (i think, there is tooooooo many golden............. roads) left off of northeast road onto golden grove road (just past TTP) then right at the first road he is the first set of open gates. He is a perfectionest at everything and his paint work is better I have never seen a black car have patch up work look so good.

Mac Dog

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Macca
Drive
Red 1997 Legnum
Edwardstown?! As if you haven't heard of M & C Doyle Crash Repairs. 30 Deloraine Road, Edwardstown 8277 7868.

Speak to Mike. I cannot recommend these guys enough. They do a lot of work on the import scene. When I got rear ended I wanted them to do the work so he said when I needed to get a quote from the "recommended" repairers to just tell them that you want you work done else where and get them to over quote.

Their work is excellent!!! www.doylecrash.com.au

G

Unregistered
I would have mentioned a guy out north he is fantastic but i dont think you would drive to the barossa. But I also had a guy just off golden grove road (i think, there is tooooooo many golden............. roads) left off of northeast road onto golden grove road (just past TTP) then right at the first road he is the first set of open gates. He is a perfectionest at everything and his paint work is better I have never seen a black car have patch up work look so good.
that would be kym @ golden grove crash repairs. i went to school with his son luke.

doyles? i wouldnt take my wheel barrow there, but thats only my opinion and after working in motor claims for 2yrs ive seen some pretty poor repairs done that clients ring up about and say 'my paint is flaking' or 'my door/boot doesnt shut properly' etc...

if you want perfection, go and see cafasso motor body repairs on richmond rd (opposite the raa building/my work) or silvers motor body repairs at windsor gardens - both are fantastic and are the only two preferred repairers in SA for bmw/ferrari/mercs/porsche/maseratti as far as i know and arent all that expensive either...oh and neither of them use any bog at all, if it cant be fixed by hand they will replace it :)

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
In St Mary's Id suggest Langley Motor Bodies. Known Ken (the owner) for around 12 years now and always take my car there if needing repairs. Also, Steve has only had +ve reports at RAA bout him too! :)

J-B

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jarrad
Drive
EVO VII GSR
Just for interest sake if anyone was wondering, i wouldnt bother going to Langley Motor Bodies if you are with Just Cars or AAMI. As soon as i told then who my insurance company was i got a straight out " we dont want to do it, we have enought work and aami dont pay enough for us to bother with them". They may be a good workshop but only if you have the right insurance company so they get payed enough.

Out of the 5 places i went to get quotes from 3 where shit in my opinion and didnt even really look at the car. The 2 that i would recommend are M.E Dale and Artini crash repairs, both of them seemed to know what they were doing and actually looked at the car properly.

Anyway thats just my 2 cents worth about the different companies and this is only based on how much customer service you get not about the quality of repairs.

G

Unregistered
^^ most repairers will give that response with AAMI/Just Cars/APIA...they dont allow the industry standard hourly rate of $30hr labour for crash repairers and dont allow numerous other things, yet when AAMI/Just Cars/APIA bill the 'at fault' party they charge the total cost of repairs plus markup, so they might not want to pay for it out of their own pocket but they will certainly try to recoup additional costs.

oh, dont get me started on insurance companies i could go allllll day!!!

MasqUAP

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dave
Drive
'98 VFR 800 / '92 Ford Laser Turbo / '10 Kia Cerato S
I used silvers motor body repairs at windsor gardens a while back for a head-on I had, all paid for by the insurance company and the work was fine, but damn @ the time it took. They really took their time and kept pushing the finish date back. Took forever to get the car back and I really felt they pushed it aside to fix the Ferraris, Lexus' and even a Countach who were likely to be coughing up a lot more money.

Only real issue I had with the actual repair was that the clear started to peel off the drivers door that they resprayed

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
I used silvers motor body repairs at windsor gardens a while back for a head-on I had, all paid for by the insurance company and the work was fine, but damn @ the time it took. They really took their time and kept pushing the finish date back. Took forever to get the car back and I really felt they pushed it aside to fix the Ferraris, Lexus' and even a Countach who were likely to be coughing up a lot more money.

Only real issue I had with the actual repair was that the clear started to peel off the drivers door that they resprayed

That's a pretty f**n major issue. The repairs if done correctly should NEVER be any different to the rest of the car, i.e. I wouldn't expect clear to peel until its at least 15+ years old (if at all if its done properly).

Take it back and complain your head off!

Kristian

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kristian
Drive
Changes daily
Not out this way Dion, but I used Eagle Paint and Panel to tidy up my RX-7 (front bar and fibreglass front guards) and they did an excellent job - pity the new owner pranged it again a few weeks after he bought it...

bogan bob

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Dion
Drive
'15 Amarok
Cheers Kristian. Some people shouldnt be allowed nice cars (im tending to think i may be in that category :( ).

Ive got my bus in at a workshop at Newton now, just around the corner from home.

Dave45

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
David Agius
Drive
2001 Legnum Type S
Sorry for digging up this thread but decided to post here rather than starting a new thread..
I'm looking for some custom body kit work and found these guys in adelaide on google.
Haven't researched them yet but has anyone heard anything about them?
They are located in Salisbury Plains, http://www.advancedbodykits.com/

Bladerunner

Crunching Gears
First Name
AB
Drive
1998 Galant Facelift Type S
Since this thread is necro'd anyway, I highly recommend M.E. Dale Crash repairs, 1102 south road (edwardstown). They were perfectly happy to look at my car (Just Cars insurance), and did a spiffing job.

Top Bottom