PFL vs FL ETACS

NSNO_RJB

No Idea what i'm doing
Premium Member
First Name
Ronan
Drive
1998 VR4 Galant
hey guys, wondering if there are any differences between FL and PFL etacs modules.

fried one in my FL so swapped the one from my old PFL parts car.
my key fob never worked so never checked it

now i want to finally get a new 2 button key. since i now have a PFL etacs will this mean i have to 2 button function? or are they identical and i just go about my day?

thanks in advance

BCX

Administrator
First Name
Bill
Drive
2000 Galant Type-V
1997 MK Triton GLS [6G74 conversion]
2019 i30 N-Line
FL and PFL etacs doesnt have any difference.

I have experimented with putting a FL key receiver in a PFL and the auto windup windows work.

For more context, the key reciever talks to etacs using serial. It seems the PFL etacs unit can understand the 'roll up' command even though the PFL reciever never had the 'long press' option.

I'll post up my notes for the greater good but a project i never finished was for an arduino to listen for the 'long press' or 'unlock' and fold in mirrors automagically.

NSNO_RJB

No Idea what i'm doing
Premium Member
First Name
Ronan
Drive
1998 VR4 Galant
that what i like to hear!
just had visions of not being able to program the key thinking its me or the key, when its the etacs

heard a few people playing around with arduino. is it worth looking into for random stuff like the mirror fold in etc?

MrMann

Idling at the Lights
Premium Member
First Name
Johno
Drive
1997 Legnum - Non Turbo 6A13 - just hit 200,000KMS! 15,000 since ownership
1998 Super VR4 - Living on jackstands... for now.
FL and PFL etacs doesnt have any difference.

I have experimented with putting a FL key receiver in a PFL and the auto windup windows work.

For more context, the key reciever talks to etacs using serial. It seems the PFL etacs unit can understand the 'roll up' command even though the PFL reciever never had the 'long press' option.

I'll post up my notes for the greater good but a project i never finished was for an arduino to listen for the 'long press' or 'unlock' and fold in mirrors automagically.
I second this! I've been meaning to buy a couple of immobilisers with key fobs.
Any recommendations? My drivers lock is getting tired and worn I use it to unlock the car every time I drive.
Also remote start would be amazing

Top Bottom