PH47CH aka Garth // Newcastle - NSW

G

Unregistered
Hey guys, im Garth from Newcastle

i currently drive an 06 CH Lancer, but hope to sell/swap for a VR4 Legnum

so the reason im here is to find out as much information i can about Legnums

ive had a look at a few in newcaslte car yards and i know the usual stuff

2.5L V6 TT AWD with AYC blah blah, but what i want to know is things such as

rust issues, parts and availability, findin a decent one that hasnt been molested. other things that i mite need to look out for??

so far im looking for at least a 98 model or above, no more than 80 thou and in factory or next to factory condition. i like the model with recaro seats and momo wheel but find them hard to come by, and i also HATE the woodgrain dashes and the ones with two tone leather interiors.

so far ive heard type s series II's are pretty good (i think its type s)

neways you guys get the idea, any help is greatly appreciated

cheers Garth

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
Welocome to the club Garth.... To get the combo you are after I would suggest getting one imported for yourself. It will be cheaper and you will get what you want.

That combo is quite hard to come by, especially if you're looking at whats already in the country!

Good luck :)

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
G'day dude.

Whereabouts in Newie are you? My office is in Broadmeadow but I'm rarely there.

Have you checked out Parador Motors at Sandgate?

G

Unregistered
hey guys, yeh mate ive looked at parador and they have/had some nice ones there but i was locked into a loan at the time, now im not. so i can sell the lancer and just put the money towards a leggy, pretty keen on a white one too. i have a white car now with black rims and dark tint and i love colour scheme. although ive just been having a quick look thru the gallery and spotted a black one with some awesome black rims with red stripes, i like the look of it alot :)

can some one point out differences between series 1 and 2 and the different types S and R and all that kinda stuff, or is there a page here. sorry only just started browsing.

also i hav no idea on how to import one myself, wat kind of "cheaper" we talking? as in a few hundred or a few thousand, im hoping (fingers crossed) ill get roughly $16 for my car.

also just to mention im a member of MLGA if anyone is from there or knows ppl from there!

forgot to add im from cardiff

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
Series 1 and series 2 have cosmetic differences and the series one auto's have 20 less HP...... Thats about it!

Type - S in the Series 2 have AYC (Active YAW Control rear diff) where-as the Type - V's do not.

In Legnums, you can get a series 2 manual type - s with AYC and the specs you have asked for.

You would get one landed and complied for that money but you need to factor in rego/insurance/full service once you get the keys ;)

Good luck man! :D

G

Unregistered
cool cool, so yeh i basically want to stick to a series II type S

wat about year models, much difference? i just figured the newer the better but also dearer! less k's even dearer?

manual or Triptronic either way id be happy but does a triptronic need more servicing or more attention.

also how do i tell if its a series 2 type S

they all look pretty much the same

here is wat i had been thinking would be a decent buy, he also has two 99 models but with more k's but they are also a few thousand cheaper, is that because they are NOT series 2??

http://www.japaneseautocentre.com.au/el/zoom.php?id=743

just read a little about edward lee and yeah, it wasnt good. so il be forgetting about buyin from them!!

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
welcome garth, hows MLGA treatng you?

(u may know me as VTEC_sucks over there:eek:hmy:)

good to see you've come to the dark side

also, check our classifieds, i'd be buying pu11me's series 1 if i was you, its the best bits of the two series's combined

here's a few:
http://www.ozvr4.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7231
http://www.ozvr4.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5899
http://www.ozvr4.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5898 <--- my bet, all good bits of a series one plus evo momo, black leather, series2 front end...beautiful

Emu

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Wayne
Drive
1999 Galant VR4 1993 HJ V6
Welcome Garth,

If you want to see a mix of VR4 Legnums, join us this weekend at Richmond for the cruise (see Bathurst cruise thread). You can talk shop, meet some of the characters and learn a bit more about the cars.

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
Welcome! Best of luck with your search =]

Speak to IronChef and give him the specs you're after, guarantee you he can find you what you want :D

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
Garth: "I was looking at Edward Lee's"
Brad: * Waves Jedi hand across face *
"These aren't the cars you're looking for"
Garth: "These aren't the cars I'm looking for"

Series 1 autos put out 191kw. Series 2 autos put out the full 206kw.

If you're wanting to go the full Brembos, add ons etc ... maybe go a series 2.

Having said that, both of pu-11-me's cars for sale are great buys.
The white is a series 1 with a series 2 front-end, plus have the special limited Car Of The Year black leather interior. It's one ace looking car. It's manual too.
The other is a series 2 auto which has had its gearbox replaced & so you know you're not getting a thrashed car & box. Also looks nice too.

Contact him & get buying!

G

Unregistered
hey thanks everyone so far, for some reason i wasnt bein updated on ppl makin posts otherwise i would have got bak much earlier

i did hav a look at pullme's cars, i like the bits of both of them but im kinda after something stock to start off with then i can work my way up with things i like, id prefer a swap too and im pretty sure he wouldnt be interested after readin some of his posts

i have found a few nice lookin white manuals on ebay but they are around 17k and i dont think ill fetch that for my car and i dont hav the spare dollars to make up for it

here is a few that caught my eye

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110293490524&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170377353731&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120469906298&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

currently im removing some G4's from the lancer and replacing with vrx struts and king springs as ill never track the lancer and im pretty sure any buyer would hate how bumpy the G4's make it, i need to fix up a few cosmetic things also and then ill probly start advertising, but until the lancer is sold i cant even think of a leggy yet, just preparing myself the best i can for wen the time comes. unless there is someone out there who wants to swap of course :)

G

Unregistered
I havnt got one yet lol

not even sure if I'll get one

got my eyes on a Subaru liberty

not sure if the import scene will work out

but I'll just hav to wait n see

G

Unregistered
hey garth welcome, may see u when im driving round newcastle , im a series 2 got mine from parador they dont have much in leggies atm think i got the last good one lol , i paid round the 17k mark but i traded in and got it for 14k mark with 60 klm on it shop around and im sure u could get a good deal importing it urself may be the better option ?

G

Unregistered
well the time has come, i sold the lancer (well still waitin for him to get the cash) but its a definate, got 16k and i get to keep my stereo which is mad coz its a decent setup, so im now huntin for a leggy

so far all imports has exactly wat i want

01 series II type S manual in pearl white

17k with only 58,000k's untouched and unmodified (so they say)

but i dont have any more cash up my sleeve :(

anyone know much about allimports?

do dealers drop much with cash offers?

http://www.allimports.com.au/view/detail.php?car_id=430&page=3

G

Unregistered
not sure how long its been in the yard, only been searchin a few days since the bloke said he wanted my car

ive only got 16k plus add transfer so id need to talk him down a few k (dreamin i know)

id like to spend about 13-14k and get maybe a 99-00 but i still want series II and type S

with less than 100K's preferably 80thou or less

coz then ill have money for transfer and maybe a set of wheels lol

Top Bottom