PH47CH aka Garth // Newcastle - NSW

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
I've passed that car yard a million times. Never seen someone in there looking or buying though.

Definately can knock them down on price. Too much for that type of Legnum.

Maybe can ask politely for a local boy to have a squizz?

Nothing at Parador Motors at Sandgate or the local places in Newie ??

G

Unregistered
well the guy emailed me this morning and gave me his number to contact him about it, he said he would like to own my business haha so im takin it he is not Australian, he said its immaculate and a grade 4.

i went lookin at parador this morning and sandgate auto's coz i want to test drive one, but no one would let me

sandgate auto's is a waste of time, they had an auto series II and it was crap

parador had 3, one NOT FOR SALE but it was the best one there

they had all series I's and they were all manual

silver one was bit shitty
black one had been in an accident as the roof pillar had dints both sides and all ripples
purple/blue one was awesome, paint was neat, interior really nice with carbon and aluminium scuff plates, kenwood deck and a dvd player i think, he started it up and it sounded really smooth on idle

aircon was freezing, looked pretty stock

it was the series I with AYC

had 98 thou, i think it was a 97 model

http://www.stickybeek.com.au/automotive/autodetail.aspx?id=29947

he said it wasnt as dear either, i think he was askin 15k

it had stock rims on it not the mags

is this ok for a series I?

i dont think ill get wat i want for the money i have

plus id like to keep it local for warranry purposes

neone had trouble with warranty with parador?

thanks everyone so far, appreciate ur help

G

Unregistered
Yeh man I'm afta a manual, sorry, urs seems pretty good tho. Good luck with the sale

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
as far as the warranty goes, id would even worry about it. i bought one for mine for $350 as a peice of mind but when you read the fine print, it doesnt cover much and you hav to fax them recipts or everything you buy for the car.

warratny covers crankshafts/conrods/gearboxes and things the never break, but not clutches/rotors/pads/difs etc

G

Unregistered
yeh i guess so, ive really started lookin at something older

series I seems to be the shape i like more

the flared guards and different front dont really worry me as much

plus ive found series I's are easier to find in manuals

here is a link to one i like, and the price is cheap as so id have money left ova for some nice wheels and maybe some coilovers

but what i was goin to ask is, is there anyone around the five dock area to have a look for me, obviously that someone would have to be very knowledgable about the good and bad points of the car

http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars...artial&__Qpb=true&__Nne=15&__Dx=mode matchany

Kitty's VR4

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Kat
Drive
Legnum, Audi RS6
Garth, try PM'ing Dimi_108, he might be able to help you, he's very knowledgeable with VR4's and is very close to FiveDock.

G

Unregistered
ok so fazzle and i test drove the purple one at parador today

its a very neat and tidy car, needs a good wash and polish but other than that its pretty sweet, there is two small dints in the front lip and the area around the exhaust is severely warped, the rest was dint free and very tidy.

we got off to a bad start, the battery died and we had to wait til they put a new one in, then that one died too. but 3rd time round it was great. but it got worse, the car kept stallin at the lights or wenever we stopped. it drove really good, i was so shocked at how close the gearbox is and how quickly the clutch released, it felt awesome to drive, really smooth. no bumps or clunks. power felt pretty good, wen boost come on it was quiet. the whole car itself was pretty quiet. it had some kind of axle back exhaust which sounded great. the aircon was cold, the jap deck and navigation didnt work lol. everything else seemed to work fine, and the fold in mirrors is so cool haha

so overall im happy with it, but he is askin 17k with 98thou on the clock

wen ive found the other one in five dock is like 52thou and only 11k

and has a better set of mags :)

neways i pm'd dimi and im even eager to head down myself or even maybe call the nrma and get them to go over it too

has anyone had any experience with nrma doin checks

if anyone has read or looked at the link can i have opinions

is there something wrong is that why its only 11k?

also should i be posting this elsewhere for more ppl too see, if so please direct me, thanks Garth

oh and to add the guy fixed the idle issue wen we got back, supposedly it was the idle switch. got it sittin around 650-700 (he called it the air fuel ratio) i dont think he knows much about leggys at all

qball

1 AYC Bar
First Name
David
Drive
1999 White Legnum Type S Cold Spec with Recaros+Sunroof
I don't know if the guy will do it but it'd be worth it to get a MEEK Automotivehttp://www.meek.com.au/ inspection as they know our cars. THe car looks good but who knows inspection would be good. Its not a great market to sell second hand cars so the price is about right to get it sold

G

Unregistered
so how would i organise meek to do it

ring them, do i need to be there, or they kinda like nrma and will just inspect on demand lol

sorry for silly questions i just dont know enough about it

qball

1 AYC Bar
First Name
David
Drive
1999 White Legnum Type S Cold Spec with Recaros+Sunroof
The seller would need to drop the car off at their shop in Giraween. So you'd need to check with them and the seller. They have 2 inspections a verbal/visual one $150ish and a indepth (the works) with photos for $250ish

G

Unregistered
sweet as, so either nrma or meek, now as i kno nothin about sydney, how far is meek from fivedock. still no reply from the guy yet, bit annoyed coz i wanted to see more pics.

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
Ummm.... last time I checked NRMA haven't done car checks for years ?

They only send out a flyer of information about the car.

MTA I think still do car inspections ?

G

Unregistered
Woops, shows how much I kno, wats MTA?

G

Unregistered
thanks so much guys, uve all been a great help so far

cyber_scriber

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Bruce
Drive
2000 Galant; metallic dark blue; manual; Recaros; Momo steering wheel; and sunroof!
Garth.

As you've sold your Lancer, I'm not sure if importing is an option but if it is, you should definitely look into it.

With the budget you have, you could easily get behind the wheel of a late Series 2 with all the good gear and very low kilometres via private importing.

Members here have imported 2000+ VR-4s in manual with Recaros and low K's for less than what you're looking to spend.

G

Unregistered
time is of the essence

once my car sells, ill need another car straight away

ive also heard disaster stories of importing on ur own

id love to research it and try but i need a car right away

i have no one around to lend me a car and im not keen on spending a few thou on a shitbox just to cruise around in

but yeh i wish i could get something better, but im more keen on the simplicity of the series I

im not so keen on the flared guards any more, even the bars on series I hav got me

plus if i get a cheaper one i can get some nice rims and maybe some decent suspension, and a BOV hehe

thats all i really want, of course i want less k's and new year model but i just dont have enough money

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
what about your own dawso?? or dont you want that to sell? lol

Top Bottom