Can someone please "Micro-Machine" my car

Hows this?

galant2000vr4wm5.jpg

2000VR-4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jason
Drive
1988 Magna (Daily) 1975 GC Galant hardtop (W/End car) 1972 GS Galant hardtop, 1973 Galant GTO X-II, 1978 Galant (Scorpion) hardtop
^^ Very cool :) cheers Stephen

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
i like the look of that.. can someone do that to my car please? I'll take a photo later..

Dr_Josh001

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Josh
Drive
96 Galant VR-4 Auto
Haha!! Awesome Stephen! Could you please maybe do the same with this pic?

Cheers
Josh

P.S. we should be paying you for this:D

side_20-3.jpg

G

Unregistered
Haha!! Awesome Stephen! Could you please maybe do the same with this pic?

No problem!

drjoshhq1.jpg

Not happy with the back of the front wheel arch though, will much around with it more when I have more time :p

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
The real trick is being able to squash the car but keep the background full width :)

Stephen is cheating lol

G

Unregistered
ahahah thats cool as ...
what program are you guys using to do the mods on the images?

Dr_Josh001

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Josh
Drive
96 Galant VR-4 Auto
No problem!

drjoshhq1.jpg

Not happy with the back of the front wheel arch though, will much around with it more when I have more time :p

Haha!! Awesome... I'm gonna send it to my parents and say I got sandwiched between 2 trucks.:D

Cheers Stephen!

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
Can anyone point me to a tutorial on how to do the cartoon pics? Have photoshop at home, but rather limited skills LOL

G

Unregistered
The real trick is being able to squash the car but keep the background full width :)

Stephen is cheating lol

I wouldn't call it cheating :p Too hard with busy backgrounds, unless people want to take two photos, one of just the background and another of the car :)

Can anyone point me to a tutorial on how to do the cartoon pics? Have photoshop at home, but rather limited skills LOL

A magician never tells his secrets! :D I use photoshop, unfortunately I cant find a tutorial, however it is pretty simple.

Open two windows both with the same image, on the first use Edit>Transform>Scale to squash the whole image, dont squash too much (see further)
Go back to the unaltered image and use the lasso tool to go around each wheel (separately) including some of the wheel arch, bumpers etc. Then paste onto the squashed image.
From here its just a matter of getting to match with the lines of the car, and making it blend in. Once you get use to photoshop you can use Layer Masks to make it blend better.

Hope that works

G

Unregistered
i like em alot .

they look crazy!

cheers heaps for that little tute.

weeaazz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
james
Drive
legnum
after reading this an hour ago,i was real bored so gave it a shot,only in paint but coz i dont have photoshop.from a short distance it looks good,had a couple issues but hid them alrite
shrinkylegnum.jpg

VR4Rocket

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kevin
Drive
Was a Ralliart Colt, was a 1997 Toyota Aristo was a 1996 Legnum..Now an XR5 Turbo
here is a program that i have been having a play round with....very photoshop like

http://www.gimp.org/

Is pretty fun to play round with

G

Unregistered
Here is a photo that I got from J-Spec and decided to muck around with it.

I have done everything myself and I thank naughtika for the RIMS.

supagalantby4.jpg

weeaazz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
james
Drive
legnum
looks like poo,haha kidding.

a lot of thought went into it,eg.took the tow hook cover off the front bar so it fits in with the rest of the prefacelift legnums in australia that lost theirs during import..

G

Unregistered
Another Legnum toon. Lee puts alot of effort into organising the Queensland VR4 meets so i thought i might toon his beautiful Legnum.

OzVR4_Member_Lee__s_Legnum_by_brocky_x.jpg

All completed in Adobe Illustrator
Time around 12 hours (the front mag took 2 hours alone)
Resolution 1280x960

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
thats a lot of time! Very impressive work.

I would have put some simpler wheels onto the car first :D

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
Thanks a lot Brocky!

BTW I've asked him nicely to do a 'dream' version with all the things I want to buy fitted - stay tooned! (man I'm funny...)

Top Bottom