Polishing/buffing your exhaust

swift5_8

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tomas
Drive
Current: Legnum, Datsun 260z x 3
Past: 180sx, gti-r sold R32 GTS4, 1972 Restored Celica
Fellas here is a suggestion if you want to clean up your exhaust and make it look new.

I bought this stuff of Autobarn for like 30 bucks is the best metal polish / protecting.

All you need is half hour this "PURPLE" stuff and maybe super fine sand papers if your exhaust is really bad and it will come up with mirror finish.

I did same thing with hood arm holder thingy and it came up awesome like new, here are some pick wit before and after

Good luck

Attachments

• exhaust_before.jpg
    exhaust_before.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 37
  • exhaust_after.jpg
    exhaust_after.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 37
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 33

Mortz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Luke M
Drive
1997 Legnum VR4
I just used an old sponge and the remains of the water left when i've washed the car. Do it every couple of washes with my filthy sponge and it comes up great. Especially if you have an aftermarket exhaust sticking out the back, shiny shiny. Probably stay clean longer if you do polish it up though if you are keen.

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
I've used Brasso for years, works very well. Bit like clay blocking, gets rid of the buildup crap.

G

Unregistered
I've heard good reports about that Purple stuff and keep meaning to try it.

But I've got some Blitz from Super Cheap that does a pretty amazing job too. It's a cleaner rather than a polish and will remove discolouration and tarnish from stainless, wipe on.. wait.. wipe off. Worked very well.

It is a mild acid though so don't use it on any aluminium parts or they will become dulled and need to be polished to return the shine.

G

Unregistered
Yeah Blitz is a caustic cleaner so if you get any on the paint work it will be destroyed so be VERY careful!

Top Bottom