Price differences

G

Unregistered
Went looking this morning at some Legnums in Yards and the price diffrences was a shock talking about nearly 10k diffrence from Dealer to private.In one yard they had a 99 model legnum wagon with factory Recaros asking 25000.I will wait till my colt sells and try the private market.

Dr_Josh001

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Josh
Drive
96 Galant VR-4 Auto
Went looking this morning at some Legnums in Yards and the price diffrences was a shock talking about nearly 10k diffrence from Dealer to private.In one yard they had a 99 model legnum wagon with factory Recaros asking 25000.I will wait till my colt sells and try the private market.

You can even get a couple more grand off private sales if you go through a Import broker like Iron Chef or J-Spec.:)

G

Unregistered
After the prices i saw today in the yards thats the way i will go when i come to buy the car either private or i will import one myself

weeaazz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
james
Drive
legnum
private is the way,i basically got mine for near close enough to the import price

when someone decides to sell they should go to one of these dealer ships that charge stupid prices and see what they offer for trade-in,and then prepare for all the excuses for why your legnum isnt worth as much as theirs..

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
And there's always a few on here as well for sale (which is always a shame, but I bought mine off the forums here).

The thing is through the private sales here, you can actually research the history of the car and people know about it.

That Ralliart Colt of yours is an interesting ride too :)

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
saying you bought your car from the forums is like saying the Osbournes are a normal family, and that Hugh Hefner has settled down!

weeaazz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
james
Drive
legnum
The thing is through the private sales here, you can actually research the history of the car and people know about it.

very true,before i even went and had a look at my car,i had read everything mentioned about it on this forum,plus found the import ad from iron chef stating everything about it,so i knew what i was getting

G

Unregistered
Dealers will charge what they think its worth ... really a VR4 should be worth $25,000 ... but just look around and you'll find a good price on a private car. I wouldn't buy from a dealer as they wouldn't care as much about what they are getting from japan as a person importing it for themselves. Stick on the forums and see what comes up ;)

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
But the Osbournes ARE a normal family (to me) and even though respect goes to "the Hugh", Larry Flint gets my vote :D

Back on-topic... if people are willing to pay $25,000... hmmm

Top Bottom