ps2 slim in glovebox

ZEUSvsHADES

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jared
Drive
manual 97 COTY legnum
does anybody think it would be a bad idea having a ps2 slim slide out from the glove box like something you may see on pimp my ride?

Peter_D

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Pete
Drive
Cab Colt & Evo 6
3 things come to mind right away.
1. Power (transverter)
2. Cabling
3. Screen(s)

Don't pimp it to much and you'll have a good all round incar entertainment system.

minik1971

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Nigel
Drive
White 1990 BMW 535i was a Black 1998 Legnum FL (written off)
PS2 won't need a very big inverter, cabling and screens aren't much of an issue. 10" in the dash then 2 head rest screens :)
My car has a Nintendo 64 and it is mounted in where the cd stacker goes. The only problem I could see with a PS2 might be the vibration for reading a disc, that is part of the reason I put a N64 in. Have a look on the power pack and see what wattage it is, I think it would only be 100-150w which is a pretty small wattage for an inverter.

OVR444

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Brett
Drive
2004 Mirage
Just make sure you have constant power from the inverter; I remember reading on my old car forum about consoles and voltage types. I believe the 360 needs a constant power above a certain level where an inverter spikes and has minor brown-outs now and then. However; this may be irrelevant to your setup with a PS.

Peter_D

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Pete
Drive
Cab Colt & Evo 6
The only problem I could see with a PS2 might be the vibration for reading a disc
Good point. I hadn't thought of that. I've had several PS2's and they didn't like to get moved around at all.

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
Nothing wrong with a PS2 in the glovebox (From a pimp my ride level)

You couldn't buy anything over the shelf for near the same sort of money one of these is worth and even get half the functionality, so I say go for it :)

jet150

Anyone thirsty?
Premium Member
First Name
Rob
Drive
VR4
Depends are you gona go to all that effort just for looks or will you make use of it?

ZEUSvsHADES

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jared
Drive
manual 97 COTY legnum
i have already done it actually, and i was just curious as to whether other people may appreciate what it did....and if not i would have kept it to myself.

i dont want to use an inverter, you can actually buy a power pack for the ps2 slim on ebay and its direct plug and play with your 12v system

looks and use..
i replaced my rear vision mirror with a very neat looking 7" screen, and will have it hooked up to a rear vision cam, also a front mount cam from inside my bumper and the sony

on the topic of dvds, they have rubber mounts on the dvd drive very similar to those in a car cd player anyway, and i also can play games of a hdd so thats all good

OVR444

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Brett
Drive
2004 Mirage
So where are these pics or video? :) Keen to see this one in action!

ZEUSvsHADES

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jared
Drive
manual 97 COTY legnum
Hmm I was thinking I would show people tonight at the vic wash meet first then do a video

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
If it comes off well then for the next attempt you can try installing a half-decent console lol

Slinz

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Grubby Nissan
Keen to see this! Wouldn't mind getting out the old Final Fantasy in the car on boring camping trips

ZEUSvsHADES

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jared
Drive
manual 97 COTY legnum
lol mr xbox man. i xbox 1 was way better than ps2 but its too big to fit anywhere, besides i had an xbox in my vh wagon, then a ps1 in my vs wagon, so i have to have something different this time around. plus i got it for $38.50

ZEUSvsHADES

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jared
Drive
manual 97 COTY legnum
yeh it was a little enjoyable to do, i prefer it being finished rather than making it work though lol.
took about 6 hours, but there were alot of issues to do with space, and i had to get it just right and stuff, so if i were to do it again probably only 2 hours max to make the slide mechanism and just a little time to wire everything up

ZEUSvsHADES

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jared
Drive
manual 97 COTY legnum
lol, no idea. maybe you could try yourself. it wasnt hard, u just have to know how to weld (only a little, nothing spectacular)
if your coming to the meet tonight i will be there so make sure you take a look

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
Top Bottom