puk clutch question

G

Unregistered
how does the number of puks effect the drivability/durability of the clutch?

is there much difference between using a 3 puk vs a 6 puk, (with srung centers)
assuming the same flywheel and clutch over are used?

G

Unregistered
So 6 puk is less harsh/agressive than a 3 puk right.

Anyone got any good links or info on good tips for drving a puk clutch as I know they can not be slipped like a normal clutch.

Things like reversing at the shop car park, driving in slow traffic... thast sort of stuff?

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
So 6 puk is less harsh/agressive than a 3 puk right.

Anyone got any good links or info on good tips for drving a puk clutch as I know they can not be slipped like a normal clutch.

Things like reversing at the shop car park, driving in slow traffic... thast sort of stuff?

Your first line is correct, however the rest isn't

Most of the time GLy driveability depends on the material used on the puks, the clamping force and the quality of the flywheel.

I have a 5 puk centre sprung clutch in my Sil80. I have absolutely no problems whatsoever driveing it around town, traffic etc etc. Why? Becuase my clutch maker knows what he was doing and made it for me & my car and its intended purpose.

That said, he also made a mates clutch with 5 puk and it's a solid centre, ive driven it and it really isn't that much different from mine, and this guy drives it daily as well with no problems.

So, generally, the less the puk the more the bight and the shittier it'll be in trafic/stop-start.
If you really want a good clutch with good clamping force and driveability, it is posible, just ttalk to your clutch maker and discuss it.

Mark Berry comes to mind...

G

Unregistered
well i can comment on this now,

my 6 puk bites hard when it needs to, (act metallic)
4400lb clamping force, stock flywheel..

its drivable on the road once your use to the faster biting,
hill starts are fun :p

no probs with traffic, or reversing,

even the GF doesnt have much of an issue with it.

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
So what was the question for then?
Oh i see it was back in sep last year and a reponse a few hours ago brought it to the top...

G

Unregistered
I just should have aked you Carsten as I'll have the same evo clutch setup as you, let me know when you post it. :bigsmile:
Then it will be 1 or 2 months till I get to install it. Maybe sooner I hope.
Just wanted to see what I was getting myself into.

So for a slow takeoff what sort of revs should it be at and how fast do you actually let the clutch out?

G

Unregistered
whn you first get it it will be hard untill its bedded in a bit,

maybe 1500-2000rpm. let it go at medium speed,

Top Bottom