put my legnum on dyno today.

Jonson

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Jon
Drive
MY15 X MR
Do these engines always run so rich? That first graph was ridiculously rich! On hard boost, your A/F should be sitting flat 12's, that's where I like mine going. Not enough fuel to rob power/build up on CAT/waste fuel but enough to keep combustion temps cooler and obviously not ping.
Is it the pump making it rich? Or do they all do it once you do FMIC and exhaust?

A dyno tune, is where they physically change the parameters of the ECU or actually "tune" something after a modification. These days, it's simply drive in, strap down, 3 runs, take your money and see ya later. No tuning what so ever. More of a diagnostic run of your car to see what A/F's are doing. IMO.

Jimmy_EC5W

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
James
Drive
1998 Pearl White Legnum, Atlas Grey VN SS
Hey everyone.

I've got a question regarding stock power, awkw of course.

Now I attended the RE Customs Dyno night on friday and put my Legnum on.

My mate with a 97 WRX got about 157.3awkw, but elsewhere he had it dyno'd at 170 or so.

Now when mine went on, my best run was 118.3kw. Was done in 4th gear, max boost was about 7.4.

Does it sound right? I met chris from on here, he said I should get at least 150awkw (prior to dyno). That obviously didnt happen.

All i can tell you about my car is - Has slight leak from cannon. Clutch has slipped once (caused by me trying to launch it @ 4,000rpm). Has about 70,000km. Has a POD filter (bought as is). Am not aware of any other mods.

What could be wrong?

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
That is quite low. Even with a pod the lowest I've seen a manual do in NZ is about 140kw at the wheels. Were you running on 98 octane? What were your AFR's like?

Jimmy_EC5W

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
James
Drive
1998 Pearl White Legnum, Atlas Grey VN SS
Yeah mate, BP ultimate, only fuel I ever use. Now I've only had the car for 3 weeks. So it's only been through a Few tanks. As for the Afr, i wouldn't have a clue as it wasn't on the dyno sheet.

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
James, I suggest you replace the o2 sensor first if you haven't already, and also that pod filter.. either set that up properly or replace it with the factory airbox.. that should help you with economy and a bit more power..

also the plugs if you haven't as well..

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
O2 sensor won't make a difference at WOT (Wide Open Throttle).

Under WOT the car ignores the reading from the O2 sensor and reverts only to its calculations based on airflow/rpm/engine load. Therefore a new O2 wont have an effect on your dyno readout done at WOT. It will potentially affect your fuel consumption if your old O2 is no good.

For a WOT run, if your power IS down (although Im sure this is a low reading dyno) it could be a number of things, clutch slipping, weak spark not burning all the fuel - AFR's are a good indication of how healthy things are/arent. Although it may not be on your printout, the dyno shop may have saved the runs for the day and have the data on file - ring them up and ask!

Top Bottom