put my legnum on dyno today.

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
1/19 2002 FL Legnum Type 'S' Manual in Black with Suede Recaro's!
It is really useless to be comparing output figures if done on different dyno's....

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
It is really useless to be comparing output figures if done on different dyno's....

Yep, and others get sooooooooo concerned about the power figure when all it is is a measure of tractive effort.

Its a dyno, it's a tuning tool not the be all and end all. you guys are starting to bitch like nissansilvia.com:LOL:

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
There's always somebody who will make bigger power / faster quarter mile / lower lap times than you. In my opinion, the best power measure is the seat of your pants. If you like how fast it feels, it's all good. :)

Of course most of us want our cars to feel faster lol

MasqUAP

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dave
Drive
'98 VFR 800 / '92 Ford Laser Turbo / '10 Kia Cerato S
First post should be about 296nm by my calcs... ~ (149(kw) x 9550) / ~4800(rpm) = 296nm

I didn't do the whole graph though

JUSTCRUZN

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
michael
Drive
98 Legnum VR4
i didnt put it on to try n brag or look at me i just wanted to know if that sounded bout right. called them today n they said they done a dyno tune including checking mixtures n any fault codes stuff like that. he said the one where they plug in my ecu is called re-mapping. just going off what he said

JUSTCRUZN

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
michael
Drive
98 Legnum VR4
and i wanted to make sure it wasnt running too rich and running sweet as its blowing heaps of black smoke when i put my foot into it. but still doing it now

Buckas

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dan
Drive
97 manual legnum
the air fuel ratios still look quite stock to me but someone else may be able to tell you better. maybe a new o2 sensor if your blowing smoke

JUSTCRUZN

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
michael
Drive
98 Legnum VR4
well its the same as getting a car tune but on dyno with a run. thats what i got told

JUSTCRUZN

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
michael
Drive
98 Legnum VR4
the air fuel ratios still look quite stock to me but someone else may be able to tell you better. maybe a new o2 sensor if your blowing smoke

thanks mate might have to try it out

JUSTCRUZN

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
michael
Drive
98 Legnum VR4
Yep, and others get sooooooooo concerned about the power figure when all it is is a measure of tractive effort.

Its a dyno, it's a tuning tool not the be all and end all. you guys are starting to bitch like nissansilvia.com:LOL:

exactly what im thinking

VOLK

Stabbin' technique!
First Name
Joey T
Drive
13 RA Lancer Hackzilla
Dyno figures vary so much I tend to disregard. I'm more interested in your a/f.

With A/F in the 10s on boost no wonder it blows smoke like Jap drag vid ;) It's 'safe' and accounts for a wide range of operating conditions but is pretty much drowning to the point you're actually going backwards. Such is the vagueness of factory tune. Don't worry, mine does exactly the same thing with a new o2 sensor. Needless to say my economy is far from acceptable. Time to hit eBay in the quest for an interceptor.

It's a pity A'pexi don't make a power FC for the 6A :(

merlin

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
David
Drive
Evolution IX
hey guys, I've been flashing 7203 chips for 4 weeks now, including ACD, VR4 and Evo6.5.

Now, what AFR and boost did you want? 155kwatw is sooooo last year!

chrisssss

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
krsta
Drive
99' s2 manual legnum vr4
those figures look pretty good to me especially with such basic mods i would be happy to get something like that with my car thou the torque does seem high still i would be pleased with the results you guys have posted up

JUSTCRUZN

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
michael
Drive
98 Legnum VR4
cheers mate im happy with the power atm its faster then my bros 5.7ltr so im happy lol

ianturbo

Crunching Gears
First Name
ian
Drive
legnum vr4
I think all dynos are different i got mine done last year and all they did was give it some on rollers printed off a sheet and took our cash ,no info on what to do to make better or if it was running bad ,ie fuel / boost ,
ian
Graph 1001.jpg

Top Bottom