[QLD] $30 for a spin at lakeside, CONFIRMED 12pm start, 22/5/2011

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
1/19 2002 FL Legnum Type 'S' Manual in Black with Suede Recaro's!
I will come watch but that is all as I am scared I will break or bend something.

fieldy107

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Chris
Drive
Galant VR4
Come on trev, after all that work put into your car I'm sure it's begging to be let out the cage and go for a run :)

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
so i assume matt and trev will drive up and meet me and christian somewhere, from there we can go to northlakes

parepin

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andy
Drive
4G93 Mirage
#HairdresserCivic
ok, gonna be a close call for time, getting my guards rolled that morning & if that doesn't happen, my wagon aint going anywhere haha

so, uh, here's hoping i see you guys there :/

Jsteel

Crunching Gears
First Name
James
Drive
Pearl white 99 vr4 Legnum
ok i might see if i can catch up with trev and matt and cruise up with them :)

Nitephyre

Flaccid Member
Lifetime Member
First Name
Matt :)
Drive
1963 Toyota Lite-Stout & 2007 Toyota Blade Master G
Aww, no Trev *QQ*

James, you know the Caltex on the highway at Mudgeeraba? That's usually where we meet. Best time would probably be by 10:30 :)

parepin

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andy
Drive
4G93 Mirage
#HairdresserCivic
I has a rubbing issue with my rear rubbers on that top arm...so I'm not keen to fang it round a track when I haven't even driven it normally doing that......sorry!

Jsteel

Crunching Gears
First Name
James
Drive
Pearl white 99 vr4 Legnum
Hey matt sorry just logged on uhm mudgreeraba is a bit far out of the way for me any chance I could meet you somewhere near the hyperdome? 0417312922 can you text me so I have your number then I can call you as I have crap service at home. Cheers :) p.s I've got helmet cam and video cam some will be sorted :D

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
1/19 2002 FL Legnum Type 'S' Manual in Black with Suede Recaro's!
So, come on, where are the pics/details? I feel bad enough I couldnt come, give me something!

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
one pic, sms'ed from cheyne:

IMG_0899.JPG

christian got more, so did matt i think.

josh/frozen, cheyne/budki and the new owner of OVR44 came out too. Christian didnt end up going on the track as he didnt trust his LCA's too much.

Personally speaking; it was a great day! some awesome street cars in our little group and some amazing race cars there on the day. Was an amazing feeling to get out there and give the car the beans legally. COP, tune and 20psi and the car was flawless. The brakes on the other hand....the peddle and firewall made contact once or twice; and my ABS works well too haha.

Another limiting factor for me was the factory bus seat i sit on. i must get my buckets in asap, or ill buy a fancy fixed back pending my finances. Also, my ghetto oil return (or lack there of) from the rear rocker, covered the lower rear of the engine bay, steering rack, passenger front wheel well in misty hot oil, mmmmm yummy. time to get a catch can lol

Unfortunately I have a new addiction and its worse then crack cocaine...track racing.

I think chris is going to organise another session for ozvr4, with plenty of notice so everyone better come; and a mate of mine is a photographer so he's keen to document it all.

my wanted parts list just got a little longer :/

front camber ball joints
235 semi slicks
bucket seat
momo retrim
short shifter
helmet
seat cam ;)

well that was a rather large post, i wonder what matt and james think about the day

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
sorry fellas I didnt run today.. I have this gut feeling that I shouldn't trash my car til i get everything sorted..

I've got about 200 photos though.. and I'm still trying to upload all of them.. will post the link later on.. no close up shots due to my lens, so you'll have to forgive me for my incompetence :p

fieldy107

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Chris
Drive
Galant VR4
Sounds like a fun day, hopefully I can make the next one. My car already has a catch can fitted, so I shouldn't end up with a messy engine bay :p

Nitephyre

Flaccid Member
Lifetime Member
First Name
Matt :)
Drive
1963 Toyota Lite-Stout & 2007 Toyota Blade Master G
Yeah as you lot already know I have a love affair with Lakeside and getting to play with her again today just leaves me wanting moar! As per Pauline, I *heart* my tune, much more responsive and smooth around there now. All I need is my Cobra seat, short shift and Momo and I'd be set I reckon :D

Oh, btw Paul, after leaving your place and hitting the Gateway again, I had a few of the cars that were there go past, ie: Green S1 RX-7, titsballin' red Cibic (which let off a mad plume of rubber smoke when exiting Gateway onto Pacific Mwy :O) and the little white Familia. We definitely need to have an OZVR4 day there sometime soon... maybe after tax time :(

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
ghetto rear oil return? what is that?

you know how there is the pipe from the rear rocker into the pre-turbo intake pipes?

well i blocked the intake pipe and routed some new pipe from the rocker cover to....some where down low, it may or may not VTA. which is bad when pushing the car as oil goes everywhere:

IMG_0897.JPG

IMG_0898.JPG

shat myself when i saw it, though my gearbox had exploded or something :S

Yeah as you lot already know I have a love affair with Lakeside and getting to play with her again today just leaves me wanting moar! As per Pauline, I *heart* my tune, much more responsive and smooth around there now. All I need is my Cobra seat, short shift and Momo and I'd be set I reckon :D

Oh, btw Paul, after leaving your place and hitting the Gateway again, I had a few of the cars that were there go past, ie: Green S1 RX-7, titsballin' red Cibic (which let off a mad plume of rubber smoke when exiting Gateway onto Pacific Mwy :O) and the little white Familia. We definitely need to have an OZVR4 day there sometime soon... maybe after tax time :(

that rediculousy low civic? haha not surprised about the smoke then. was crazy low

Top Bottom