[QLD] ANZAC Weekend Lunch (and optional cruise to the GC) - April 27

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
hope Kevin still can make it.. he gave me a call and said that there's a hairline crack on his ass.. :D I mean radiator's inlet hole..

LOL tell him not to be a baby - it'll be fine, he can always take bottle of water with him to top it up at Ormeau.

cheers

Lee

Peter_D

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Pete
Drive
Cab Colt & Evo 6
Pictures and Video from Lunch Meet

The meet was held at "Shearers Arms" at Ormeau. The food was excellent. I was amazed to see the growth, in the number, of members since the first meet back in July or August in 2007. Many thanks to Lee for arranging it.

Quick video of everyone leaving for the cruise. Video was taken with my Kodac still camera so the quality isn't the best. Also my first go at adding music to the video.

AnzacMeet27Apr08002.jpg

AnzacMeet27Apr08003.jpg

AnzacMeet27Apr08004.jpg

AnzacMeet27Apr08005.jpg

AnzacMeet27Apr08006.jpg

AnzacMeet27Apr08007.jpg

AnzacMeet27Apr08008.jpg

AnzacMeet27Apr08009.jpg

AnzacMeet27Apr08010.jpg

AnzacMeet27Apr08011.jpg

AnzacMeet27Apr08012.jpg

AnzacMeet27Apr08013.jpg

AnzacMeet27Apr08014.jpg

AnzacMeet27Apr08015.jpg

AnzacMeet27Apr08016.jpg

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
QLD FTW!

Thanks for the good turn out folks, was a great day, nice and laid back.

Here's my version of events:

IMG_5890.jpg

IMG_5895.jpg

IMG_5896.jpg

IMG_5897.jpg

IMG_5898.jpg

Now there is an explanation for these next two pics.... I just can't quite recall what it was... :D

IMG_5901.jpg

IMG_5900.jpg

Try doing this with two Galants...

IMG_5903.jpg

IMG_5905.jpg

IMG_5908.jpg

The black beauties...

IMG_5911.jpg

...and here's one just for Hipsi. An artists impression of the what the next OZVR4 QLD meet will look like...

IMG_5898-2.jpg

Will post some details about the BBQ meet on May 25th soon - keep your calendars free!

cheers

Lee

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
A special mention also goes to Dawso (pu-11-me) for making the trip all the way from Tamworth :)

Apparently you can hire the raceway at Tamworth - good spot for a combined NSW/QLD long weekend meet sometime?

cheers

Lee

Rasi

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mike
Drive
2001 Nissan Elgrand - Previously the "best" factory optioned 2000 Legnum (manual, suade recaros)hehe
Looks like you guys had a good meet. Sorry to have missed it.

G

Unregistered
Great meet guys! Good to catchup with everyone again and meet some new faces. Thanks for organising it Lee!

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
Sorry guys, my Dad was taken to hospital, couldn't make it

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
had a great time guys.. hope you enjoyed it as much as i did..

Ben thanks for the rear panels..

Dawso, glad to put a face with your name.. nice meeting you as well..

Simon, when in times like that, we do understand.. and seems like you had 2 issues?! hope everything is good now..

to Leigh (VR4_Psych) dude.. where were you? I bet you were getting busy with "someone"

Trav - nice to meet you too.. I'll contact you soon about getting some parts for my car.. :D

Lee.. BIG THANKS TO YOU.. another successful day.. hopefully the next one will be even better!!!

QLD FTW!!!!

DarkVR4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
James
Drive
Black FL Reganum
Awesome Effort on the vid and pictures Pete, and nice photo shop Lee lol

Had a lovely day out with the QLD crew, took my wife and baby girl along and they loved the outing, thanks guys for a great afternoon.

Nice to meet all the people I havnt met before, really looking fwd to our next meet.

Benny I honestly did'nt think Lee was going to post that pic, but you cant really tell what we were really doing............

QLD FTW!!!!

Hipsi

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Trav
Drive
D40 Navara
LOL, love it Lee, actually better quality than what I was expecting ;)

G

Unregistered
Looks like it was a fun day, you guys make camp at the spit down the side I know what spot well.
It reminds me of the good old days when the main car park at the spit would fill up with cars and go nuts, that was before they put the indy barriers up and cracked down on hoons.

I hope to drive up later this year so maybe just maybe I can make it to one of the QLD meets. I used to live at the gold coast and only moved from Brisbane early last year for work.

Hipsi

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Trav
Drive
D40 Navara
ah yeah the good ol' days eh Manny. I got road blocked in there a number of times, even made it onto the news one night hehe. Thankfully they could never find anything amiss on the trusty Pulsar ;)

Taraska

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Taraska
Drive
Black VR-4!!!!!!
It looks like you guys had a ball today!!! I am getting my car this week so i am getting ready for the next meeting allready. Was talking to my wife to come with me and to take my son too. It looks like there is a few family members so i hope they will bring they kids along. 25 th of May Lee would be perfect. But i hope we will meet befor.

Top Bottom