[QLD] Don't bother taking a VR4 to Zupps Southport

Discussion in 'Queensland' started by leebutts, Oct 17, 2007.

1. leebutts

leebutts 1 AYC Bar

First Name:
    Lee
    Drive:
    2001 Golf GTI
    Just a heads up to future Gold Coast members - don't bother taking your VR-4 to Zupps, they have no idea!

I took it there today to get an AYC service, the tramission fluid changed and some error codes looked at (which I had read using EvoScan).

I got a call this arvo saying they were unable to read the error codes as their equipment only supports "english" computers!! WTF!?

Anyways, I pick the car up tomorrow morning so hopefully they managed to do the AYC service properly (I'm very doubtful seeing it requires the use of a MUT-II controller...) and flush the gear box.

Looks like I'll be trying to fix the codes myself (it's a few sensor related ones so hopefully a connector clean will do it....). Next time I'll go elsewhere, unfortunately the closet workshop that has been recommended to me (as an Evo expert) is at Springwood :(

cheers

Lee

2. DarkVR4

DarkVR4 Leaving Skid Marks Premium Member

First Name:
    James
    Drive:
    Black FL Reganum
    Yes Mate I have dealt with Neal Lowe Sport,Unit 2, 21 Brennan St, Slacks Creek, QLD 4127,
    Phone: Log in to view Got a minor service done and also a belt check, not to sure if the Belts were checked due to no disturbance of the dust around the nuts but all the fluids were done quick smart........will py to book a week ahead with this crew.

3. leebutts

leebutts 1 AYC Bar

First Name:
    Lee
    Drive:
    2001 Golf GTI
    Well, as suspected it doesn't look like they did a proper AYC service as I only got charged for two types of oils: MULTITRAX and LSX 90.

One of those should be gearbox oil and the other must be a normal diff oil. So I think they've only changed the front and rear diff oils - she said something about the diff and the transfer case using the same type of oil??

However, it has mostly stopped the droning noise (still a little bit when cornering under load). I'll re-check the AYC fluid when I get home tonight but I'd bet money that it's still brown and not the red it should be.

Looks like I'll be taking it to Neil Lowe for a proper check out sometime soon.

cheers

Lee

4. VR4Rocket

VR4Rocket Leaving Skid Marks

First Name:
    Kevin
    Drive:
    Was a Ralliart Colt, was a 1997 Toyota Aristo was a 1996 Legnum..Now an XR5 Turbo
    What was the workshop at Springwood?

5. leebutts

leebutts 1 AYC Bar

First Name:
    Lee
    Drive:
    2001 Golf GTI
    It was Neal Lowe Motorsport that James recommended above, it had also been recommended on the Evo forums.

I rang him just now and he seems really good - however he couldn't book the car in till mid November as he's off overseas doing some tuning. But he did give me some free advice on what to check in regards to the error codes.

cheers

Lee

6. Mel-D

Mel-D Leaving Skid Marks

First Name:
    Mel
    Drive:
    2012 Ford Focus ST Manual,Tangerine. Evo 6 Blue manual.Had 2004 XR6 Falcon M11 Auto,Yellow GT stripes. 1999 Legnum Manual,White
  7. leebutts

leebutts 1 AYC Bar

First Name:
    Lee
    Drive:
    2001 Golf GTI
    Ok, I'll check when I get home.

Off the top of my head it was throttle position sensor, coolant temp sensor and one other sensor - maybe exhaust temp?

cheers

Lee

8. leebutts

leebutts 1 AYC Bar

First Name:
    Lee
    Drive:
    2001 Golf GTI
    For those that are having trouble registering:

9. leebutts

leebutts 1 AYC Bar

First Name:
    Lee
    Drive:
    2001 Golf GTI
    Moved error code related posts to workshop section here.

cheers

Lee

10. VR4_Psych

VR4_Psych Guest

Odd, I'm booked in for Tuesday.

James: how much did that set you back?