[QLD] Don't bother taking a VR4 to Zupps Southport

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
Just a heads up to future Gold Coast members - don't bother taking your VR-4 to Zupps, they have no idea!

I took it there today to get an AYC service, the tramission fluid changed and some error codes looked at (which I had read using EvoScan).

I got a call this arvo saying they were unable to read the error codes as their equipment only supports "english" computers!! WTF!?

Anyways, I pick the car up tomorrow morning so hopefully they managed to do the AYC service properly (I'm very doubtful seeing it requires the use of a MUT-II controller...) and flush the gear box.

Looks like I'll be trying to fix the codes myself (it's a few sensor related ones so hopefully a connector clean will do it....). Next time I'll go elsewhere, unfortunately the closet workshop that has been recommended to me (as an Evo expert) is at Springwood :(

cheers

Lee

DarkVR4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
James
Drive
Black FL Reganum
Yes Mate I have dealt with Neal Lowe Sport,Unit 2, 21 Brennan St, Slacks Creek, QLD 4127,
Phone: (07) 3808 3048 Got a minor service done and also a belt check, not to sure if the Belts were checked due to no disturbance of the dust around the nuts but all the fluids were done quick smart........will py to book a week ahead with this crew.

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
Well, as suspected it doesn't look like they did a proper AYC service as I only got charged for two types of oils: MULTITRAX and LSX 90.

One of those should be gearbox oil and the other must be a normal diff oil. So I think they've only changed the front and rear diff oils - she said something about the diff and the transfer case using the same type of oil??

However, it has mostly stopped the droning noise (still a little bit when cornering under load). I'll re-check the AYC fluid when I get home tonight but I'd bet money that it's still brown and not the red it should be.

Looks like I'll be taking it to Neil Lowe for a proper check out sometime soon.

cheers

Lee

VR4Rocket

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kevin
Drive
Was a Ralliart Colt, was a 1997 Toyota Aristo was a 1996 Legnum..Now an XR5 Turbo
What was the workshop at Springwood?

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
It was Neal Lowe Motorsport that James recommended above, it had also been recommended on the Evo forums.

I rang him just now and he seems really good - however he couldn't book the car in till mid November as he's off overseas doing some tuning. But he did give me some free advice on what to check in regards to the error codes.

cheers

Lee

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
Let me know what those error codes are and I'll compare them to mine. If they are the same I think it's a deficiency in the Evoscan Software and not the cars.

Ok, I'll check when I get home.

Off the top of my head it was throttle position sensor, coolant temp sensor and one other sensor - maybe exhaust temp?

cheers

Lee

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
For those that are having trouble registering:

EvolutionOz said:
SUNDAY 28TH OCTOBER

GOLD COAST MEET : Yatala BP
8.00AM for an 8.30 LEAVE (Pazza in the yellow submarine (E9) will probably organise this group)

GENERAL MEET : Redbank Plaza KFC carpark (Collingwood Drive exit off Ipswich Motorway - just after the Logan motorway merge)
9.15AM for a 9.45AM LEAVE

**If anyone wants to organise their own smaller meets before heading out to the general one, feel free to do so, however please get to Redbank on time so that we can all start the cruise as one group.

From here we will undertake a scenic drive through a nice sweeping road including several photo opportunities. The cruise will then progress to include a lunch/ fuel stop. BP (including ULTIMATE) fuel is available here for those that will need a top up.

After lunch there is a nice little section of twisties to get the blood pumping, and several more chances for some great photos. We will not be including a dirt stage this time but it may well be an optional extra for a future cruise. If anyone was really wanting a picture of their car on dirt - I'm sure that you will be able to stage this at one of our many stops along the way.

Officially the cruise will end on the Northside (I'm thinking Strathpine or Aspley Macca's but this may change) to give easy access back onto the Gateway for those that need to travel South, and to avoid trying to keep a large group of cars together through the city (we may finish early enough to travel as a group to the spit for a late afternoon strut).

All up we will only be traveling approximately 300km's, but please come with a full tank of fuel to start the day.

COMPREHENSIVE PRINTED DIRECTIONS will be supplied on the day for all the TME drivers that usually get lost
icon_rolleyes.gif
icon_razz.gif

BRING : UHF radio - this will be important with the large group expected
money for lunch / tolls

NOTE : This is for all Mitsi powered owners that think they can keep up, behave themselves when necessary and want to have some fun on a relaxing Sunday drive. Keep up the good work in spreading the news - interest from this forum has been great so far.

G

Unregistered
It was Neal Lowe Motorsport that James recommended above, it had also been recommended on the Evo forums.

I rang him just now and he seems really good - however he couldn't book the car in till mid November as he's off overseas doing some tuning. But he did give me some free advice on what to check in regards to the error codes.

cheers

Lee

Odd, I'm booked in for Tuesday.

James: how much did that set you back?

Top Bottom