[QLD] Track day- QR Saturday 29 Nov

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
If any of you are keen to give the Leggy a go on the track come on out- good afternoon, learning about you and your car.

Arrive by 1130 to pay and get your number and estrip for timing.

Here is the entry form- fax it in link: http://www.qldraceways.com.au/Administration/pdf/entry_forms/SaturdaySprintsEntryForm2008.pdf

You will need to purchase a AASA licence, costs $55 and lasts for one year. Track day itself is $95 You will get 4 sessions of 5 laps, a warm-up 5 laps then a cool down lap.

Few things, when you arrive, pump up your tyres to 40psi if you're using road tyres- seen few guys loose it and roll tyres off rims- not to mention the ensuing "moment"

Not sure what oil control is like in the V6 engine, make sure, the oil is right to the top of the full mark- don't want any starvation issues.

You'll need full length cotton clothing from ankle to wrist I just wear jeans and long sleeve shirt, and an australian aproved helmet- although i've never been checked for that.

See you there...come on Lee, you know you want to:bigsmile:

Hipsi

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Trav
Drive
D40 Navara
one day Simon, I'll bring the 1J Cressida out, but for now too many things to do around home.

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
one day Simon, I'll bring the 1J Cressida out, but for now too many things to do around home.

Sounds like to need a break from doing some things around the home Trav:D, bring the big 1J out- love to see it!

Hipsi

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Trav
Drive
D40 Navara
hehe no you wouldn't, not yet since it currently sits on an engine stand awaiting bits and pieces to make it a complete engine. And the same story can be told of the Cressida... in time my friend :D

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
So bring the Leggy out ;)

Hipsi

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Trav
Drive
D40 Navara
haha, if I was allowed I would....well, that's if I had a chance to fit the trans cooler and change my trans and AYC fluid in time.

G

Unregistered
This is what ive been building up to, ive got the helmet ive got the fire extinguisher, i just dont have the cash.

I would have loved to come, its just a bit short notice and im pretty strapped for cash.

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
Dammit!

Problem 1: clutch needs fixing (don't ask, it's a long story, I'll post about it eventually)
Problem 2: at a conference all day

Bring on 2009! It will be The Year of the Trackday - I promise!

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
my car's ready for it.. i've done the necessary checks so i dont break down.. problem is.. im busy on the day :(

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
i've tried several excuses and non of them worked..

girl knows that i need to buy a helmet, and she doesn't want me to get those $200 or 2nd hand helmets.. she wanted me to get the $1k ones.. which actually do cost a bit

G

Unregistered
girl knows that i need to buy a helmet, and she doesn't want me to get those $200 or 2nd hand helmets.. she wanted me to get the $1k ones.. which actually do cost a bit

Someone once told me that you buy a $1000 helmet for a $1000 head and a $2 helmet for a $2 head. So i got a ice cream container :p

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum

meh, you won't be going that fast to need a 1k helmet :ROFLMAO:

You can use mine, we won't be in the same group, how big is your head?

Top Bottom