r33 gtr vs. galant vr4

G

Unregistered
hi all, need some input
what do you guys think will be faster, a stock nissan skyline r33 gtr or a manual galant vr4?
they both are said to have around 280hp each stock and there doesnt seem to be much in it (apart from the pricetag!) Do you guys think it would be a close race, which is the better car and easier to get more poweR?

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
Stock vs stock they are probably quite close, but the GT-R has bigger turbos and will respond better to increasing the boost.

Peter_D

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Pete
Drive
Cab Colt & Evo 6
Must agree with Brad having driven modded versions of both, the Skyline would be faster due to the bigger turbo. I was running 16 PSI on the Skyline and the difference compared to the 11.5 on the Legnum is very noticeable. Especially in the first 3 gears.

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
GTRs have "206kw". VR4s are a lot closer to actually having 206kw. The GTR power output was always a lie.

The GTR will be faster stock or modified.

Scottie

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Scott
Drive
1999 Type S Legnum
I dropped off a mate to pick up his stock R33 GTR and he had me by a car length up to 100kmh, twice. I am running 15PSI.

Madhav

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Madhav
Drive
96 S2 RZ Supra with 500whp
I considered getting one when I was researching options for fast cars, what I liked was how damn easy it is to mod them, bolt on everything is available, and not only that, go onto skylines Australia and you'll see that lots of people have done it before, so u know exactly what power ur getting for your money, what the cars are capable of etc. before u start.

However I went for the leggy because I'd never seen or heard of one before, and skylines are very common now, also the cost factor, and other things... but yeah GTR is very easy to mod and get 350kw atw, the VR4... well not many have have gone past 210-230kw atw and then dyno'd it.

I'm aiming for 250, and then maybe 275-300, so we'll find out soon enough as soon as I'm back in Oz and all the workshops who are doin my car reopen.

Top Bottom