Unco_Tomato

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Matt
Drive
1996 White Manual Legnum w/ FL Kit
Hey Guys,

I've searched a couple of old threads for info on Radiator upgrades, and everyone has pretty much Suggested the 40mm core, Full Alloy Golhper Radiator.

I can't find many people selling it that have stock, and if they do have stock, it is way over priced (like $1,000 on Ebay currently).

In my searching I came across some other Alloy radiators from other Chinese manufacturers, but they are both bigger. I was hoping someone here has used either one of them, or the people who have performed upgrades on their radiator would be able to tell my is either of them is too large to actually fit (despite the seller claiming they will).

The two radiators in question are as follows:

42mm core: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Mitsubis..._Parts_Accessories&hash=item4174e16e2e&_uhb=1

56mm core: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Aluminum..._Parts_Accessories&hash=item3a8f5bde10&_uhb=1

I assume the 56mm will be too big unless I run it with slim/cut fans.

Hoping the 42mm will fit without any modifications though.

Unco_Tomato

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Matt
Drive
1996 White Manual Legnum w/ FL Kit
I did read the description, I also read that there are 2 in stock for $1,000.

I am asking if anyone knows any information about the other radiators, or anyone that currently has stock for <$1000 as I need a replacement ASAP as my OEM one has split.

I'm happy to pay $300 from a reputable seller and for a good proven product, $1,000 however is taking the piss.

trotty

3 AYC Bars
First Name
Daniel Trotman
Drive
2000 vr4 Legnum 5 sp man
2006 Suzuki Swift Sport 5 sp man
If u want I have a spare stock core here u can borrow till the prices come down.

AKKO

2 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Chris
Drive
1998 Galant VR4 Type-V (Facelift)
Not keen on a Koyorad option?

Tophler

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Alex
Drive
1999 VR4 FL Legnum w recaro and momo
The Type R's are full copper, not alloy. I've heard mixing metals in the engine is not a good thing especially a copper radiator with alloy heads. Ideally we want a full alloy rad but from my searching, all i've managed to come across is the chinese ones or going to PWR in QLD (at least you know it will be aussie made) and getting one custom made for $1400 each (OWCH!!!!!!) Although that way you can pick your specs and get one made exactly the way you want it.

AKKO

2 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Chris
Drive
1998 Galant VR4 Type-V (Facelift)
Yeah there are always stories, corrosive coolant types and which transfers heat better vs weighs less etc etc

vr4cobra

1 AYC Bar
First Name
T-J
Drive
1996 Galant VR4
i ended up get a fenix evo 8 42mm alloy rad and customized lower mounting pin 1 side and mounting points to run stock fans which where trimmed slightly on the surrounds to fit properly since evo rad is slightly narrower. Cost me $450 all done by red devil radiators in brissy with 3year parts warranty. Had it in for ages and never had an issue

jet150

Anyone thirsty?
Premium Member
First Name
Rob
Drive
VR4
For the price of importing a radiator you could get a custom alloy one made up. I got quoted roughly about $600-700 for a full custom alloy.

Yo_Mang

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Blake
Drive
2002 Mitsubishi Legnum
Im running a Winner Racing radiator very similar to the 56mm one you posted. It retails around 300 but im pretty sure i paid 150 when we did a group buy. Its a 56mm rad and I am using the stock shroud and fans (that was an important part of upgrading for me, really wanted to stick with stock shroud and fans).

The stock shroud is extremely close to fitting properly without mods. I only had to grind a little bit off the back of 1 part of the shroud and it fitted without a worry (although the mounting holes needed to be widened to fit properly). Very happy with the fit for the price!

Tophler

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Alex
Drive
1999 VR4 FL Legnum w recaro and momo
thanks for the update, golpher here we come

G

Unregistered
I got one and im happy with mine. also picked up some intercooler clamps while I was there. he even chucked them in for free

hooter

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
neale fraser
Drive
miester blue legnum
golpher site does'nt list these anymore and these maybe the last two available unless quinten was right and they have more stock coming but he said that in july?

Top Bottom