Radiator Upgrade

Unco_Tomato

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Matt
Drive
1996 White Manual Legnum w/ FL Kit
I'll take the Golpher off your hands if you want to change out for a copper core.

SLY-031

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Joel
Drive
VR-4 Legnum
I just replaced my Golpher 40mm with a Koyorad standard replacement.

The Golpher started leaking where the core meets the plates in two spots. Took 3-4 years but it happened.

Koyorad was $220 from Edwardstown Radiators via AdRad.

Anyone want to buy a leaking golpher? Told it would be $100 to fix the hole but they gave no guarantee that it wouldn't leak from there or somewhere else. Though they said it could also last years...

hooter

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
neale fraser
Drive
miester blue legnum
wow good water over there. and hang on to the radiator for at least a year. probaly cost 50 to 70 to patch it but consider the last e bay golpher radiator is now 999bucks

G

Unregistered
they list them at 999 untill they have stock then the lower the price to 299

hooter

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
neale fraser
Drive
miester blue legnum
gav have a look at golpher radiator site in china and models listed and the 50 dollar price tags no longer has the ec5w mentioned -- please somebody prove me wrong on this

hooter

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
neale fraser
Drive
miester blue legnum
oh k got mine when it was 3 or4 left along with hardhitter78? buy /look at the selling location on ebay/chinese ran out and it went to1k then the sydney guys have no stock left and so there yiu go instant 1k radiator gav the hardhitter78 may have more info

Unco_Tomato

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Matt
Drive
Yer I ended up just buying one of these.

Got sick of trying to find anything else, and couldn't be fucked cutting / custom mounting the 56mm rad, even though I'm sure it would have been a nice upgrade from OEM cooling performance.

Now to figure out the cars clutch problems, for the 5th time...

hooter

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
neale fraser
Drive
miester blue legnum
Yer I ended up just buying one of these.

Got sick of trying to find anything else, and couldn't be fucked cutting / custom mounting the 56mm rad, even though I'm sure it would have been a nice upgrade from OEM cooling performance.

Now to figure out the cars clutch problems, for the 5th time...
hey i think we are on the same timeline with shit -got the golpher and now a tme clutch [on order]- -well next will be a new rear diff and then it will be rego time and then it will be christmas time

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
Matt already has a tme clutch. Unfortunately it looks like he's needing a new master or slave cylinder now.

hooter

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
neale fraser
Drive
miester blue legnum
tme clutch 160kms away-would the car make it if i left at 3 in the morning

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
Maybe give me a ring

Brenton

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Brenton
Drive
97 PFL legnum
Typical! cooling system flush, new thermostat and coolant. Now top tank is split. Who's using a golpher radiator and how the longevity? Any benefits other than appearance? I know from past experience that oem was fine in my galant even at 40+ using a/c etc.

whats_doing

QLD Events Manager
First Name
Sam
Drive
98 PFL Black Legnum - SOLD
MY15 Hyosung GT650R
I'm using it, as is @pretzil having no issues.
Might have to trim fan shrouds.

Have a spare stock rad with no cracks. Pm me if you want.

pretzil

2 AYC Bars
First Name
Rick
Drive
Legnum VR4
I have noticed lower temps on the dash during normal driving with my golpher, it did start to climb high once but that was during a mid-day track session in 30+ temps.
Are you auto or manual?
I'm auto and all the fittings fit up perfectly, that said I am still not sure I trust a 'cheap' radiator to keep 2 fluids separate... If manual then you have nothing to lose, even if the welds leak it wont be the same as a cracked top tank.

VOLK

Stabbin' technique!
First Name
Joey T
Drive
13 RA Lancer Hackzilla
Merged new radiator thread into most recent thread discussing aftermarket rads. Radiator upgrades have been well discussed for quite some time now. Search and read and you'll most likely find what you've been looking for.

Unco_Tomato

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Matt
Drive
Just FYI guys buying rads.

The Winner Racing Radiators off Ebay require trimming of the fan shroud in order to fit, and one of my fan mounting holes was also misaligned. meaning I am now running 7 bolts, not 8. I also had to trim some of the plastic tabs of the back of my headlights.

mine is also a little wonky, so the right side is taller than the left by a couple of mm, plus the extra height makes the bonnet a little harder to close.

Scatterfly

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Tim
Drive
1998 Manual VR4 Galant
So I just picked up a Golpher off an importer in Greenacre for $290. Found it on Ebay and asked for a direct contact. Nice guy, and a year wnty. At least I have someone to shoot IF something goes wrong ;) Wish me luck putting it in...

*Update*
Bit of a squeeze with the fans but eventually got it in. AND at least everything lined up nicely. OEM air intake sits a few ml higher but the original clips still work and no trouble closing the bonnet.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/MITSUBIS...=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3f274fa31e

PS. Anyone needs one, 02 9709 8883, 53 Rosedale Ave, Greenacre

Top Bottom