Ralliart Muffler

Fazzle

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Anthony (Fazz)
Drive
S1 Galant
I just wanted to ask a bit about the ralliart mufflers.

I've seen Brad's (NSW) super in the flesh and loved the nice big tip on these mufflers. I also listened to Dimi's video of his old leggy driving with this muffler and I loved the subtle burble sound.

Are they better flowing? (i.e. a bit of an upgrade.) I'm possibly looking into doing full exhaust but that wouldn't be for another 6-12 months.

Does anyone have one forsale?

Thanks in advance

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
They aren't an upgrade at all really, they just sound and look a bit better.

G

Unregistered
theyr rather a restrictive style if you ask me lol.. best is Fuji System,cant beat that lol

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
Yea man they sound nice when it's idling, but really, you don't hear much while you're driving, & I drive with all the windows right down.

If you're going to spend money on getting a different muffler, I'd probably look somewhere else.

Scottie

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Scott
Drive
1999 Type S Legnum
I got 40kms a tank more when switching from my stock muffler to the Ralliart. Also, i didn't get must power increase at all when i switched to a 3" HKS Catback.

Fazzle

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Anthony (Fazz)
Drive
S1 Galant
Oh ok, so ralliart did nothing when designing this muffler? haha.

Thats interesting you say that you didn't get much power increase Scott when I've read that some people have dropped around 3/4 of a second off their quater from just a catback.

So I'm thinking that everyone is saying, don't bother?

fieldy107

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Chris
Drive
Galant VR4
Im sure there is an increase in power its probably just not big enough to notice without a dyno or a drag strip. 40kms more to a tank is pretty good though. Im thinking about just getting a big magnaflow muffler and getting the rest of the exhaust done later when I can afford it.

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
It's fitted as standard kit to the Super VR4s and it does have a nice lil' burble. Scottie, if you say that you get 40km a tank more with it, then I better go and check my Oxygen Sensor!

Scottie

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Scott
Drive
1999 Type S Legnum
Yep,

I fitted my HKS Super Dragger and gained a lot more noise and petrol drinking powers but bugger all KW. Was getting around 400kms in city driving with the stock exhaust + Ralliart muffler.

Snickells had a Kakimoto exhaust then borrowed my stock exhaust + ralliart muffler for a while, then went on to get a Fujitsubo. Maybe he can shed some light on power/noise/ecomony differences..

Fazzle

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Anthony (Fazz)
Drive
S1 Galant
The main reason I thought about a ralliart muffler was the nice looking tip. If it were to be a little louder and possibly some performance then it would be a cheaper alternative for now. Depends how much people want for them as well I guess

Buckas

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dan
Drive
97 manual legnum
i have a magnaflow muffler and got to choose my own tip and they welded it on, most exhaust places operate like this. so choose something noisier/better flowing and choose your garnish

Fazzle

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Anthony (Fazz)
Drive
S1 Galant
Yeah I thought about that. I might as well just wait until I get a full catback system. If any second hand bolt on systems pop up for a good price I might just snap it up if I can afford it

G

Unregistered
Bolt on cat back systems are always popping up for a good price on Yahoo Auctions.

snickells

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Anon
Drive
Car
Kakimoto = Awesome performance, hell'a loud.
Ralliart = Nice noise, less performance, better fuel economy.
Fuji = Ace noise, good fuel economy (when not planting it all the time) but not as much of a performance increase as the Kaki.

ROBBY!? How's the Kaki on your Legnum over the stock exhaust now?

Steve, please, rant on :D

steveP

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Steve
Drive
VR4 Galant
i always tell people to leave the stock muffler as theres no real gain from changing it. from experience the dump/front pipes and high flow cat will give say 15kw increase, where after the cat u may get another 2-3kws tops. such a minimal gain which will get maximum cop attention. start from ur turbo and work ur way back.

however people usually only do the exhaust to get the sound with no power gain. so basically ricers, which makes us all look bad. i hate loud droning exhaust which is a result from a stock system and a large aftermarket muffler.

the only time i would replace the rear muffler is if i was doing the whole exhaust in a drift/straight thru style. on a street car is has no purpose.

Fazzle

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Anthony (Fazz)
Drive
S1 Galant
I'm not to sure on how to use yahoo. I've looked on import monster a few times and seen the occasional exhaust but most are damaged or don't state brand? How long does shipping take from japan?

I understand what you mean Steve. My lancer has full engine back exhaust but it's quiet. Yes I want sound but not loud sound as such. I'd be opting for something more on the quiet side but most performance I can get with that

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
1/19 2002 FL Legnum Type 'S' Manual in Black with Suede Recaro's!
Agree with the too quiet re the Ralliart unit.

I have a mostly weird sized cat back (around 2.75") with no mid mufflers/resonators and an Apexi N1 muffler. Have no idea if it is detrimental or beneficial with fuel usage but across the rev range it is pretty loud, and even louder when under load.........just the way our cars are designed to be imo.

Go loud or go home lol

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
I wonder how the RSR would compare against the Kakimoto?

I know Gorg's car is super loud.

Fazzle

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Anthony (Fazz)
Drive
S1 Galant
Top Bottom