RDA rotors part number?

ivormui

Idling at the Lights
First Name
i-m
Drive
company car is a (99 legnum vr4 type-s)
can anyone tell me what's the rda front rotors part number for series 2 legnum, and also the EBC red stuff part number too? i hv search in the forum but can't find it, please help and thanks so much!:rolleyes:

Hipsi

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Trav
Drive
D40 Navara
I just ordered a full set for Leebutts, although his is a series 1. I'll have a look when I get to work.

Hipsi

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Trav
Drive
D40 Navara
although I don't actually have a listing, I'm guessing the series 1 and 2 brakes are the same, can someone confirm this?

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Series 1 and 2 brakes are different, although I can't confirm if the rotor dimensions are the same or not.

Dunno if this helps, but Mitsubishi part numbers are MR205215 for the 16" front rotors (replacing MR128659) and rear 15" rotors are MR128661.

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
Series 1 and 2 brakes are different, although I can't confirm if the rotor dimensions are the same or not.

Dunno if this helps, but Mitsubishi part numbers are MR205215 for the 16" front rotors (replacing MR128659) and rear 15" rotors are MR128661.

rotors and calipers itself are the same.. just the caliper mounts that are different.. both series 1 and 2 have the same diameter disc rotors.. dunno where the 15" one came from i assume its from the 6th or 7th gen vr4..

ivormui

Idling at the Lights
First Name
i-m
Drive
thx for u guys advices, but no one really have the RDA part number for s2 legnum???

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Dude you'd be best off talking to them directly - its entirely possible they've never matched up a set for a VR4. I 'think' there's rotor dimensions on the forum somewhere - if you can find it, you could give them a call with the details and ask if they have anything to match?

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
series 1 and 2 have the same rotor dimensions.. to confirm this ask darkvr4.. he's just recently replaced his stock to slotted..

Hipsi

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Trav
Drive
D40 Navara
I have the entire stock catalogue in front of me right now. There's definately no listing specifically for a G8 VR4. If Naughtika is right (otherwise if you find the dimensions I can check) then the part numbers are exactly as I've supplied for Leebutts:

ROTORS
Front Slotted - RDA7625S $270/pr
Front Gold Grooved and Dimpled - RDA7625G $360/pr

PADS
EBC Redstuff Front - DP3954 $195/set

Hipsi

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Trav
Drive
D40 Navara
no, DBA do this and it reduces the structural integrity of the disc. Hence causing many cases of cracked discs when they're under stress.

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Good find Tim!

Trav, do you mean RDA USED to drill their rotors and they cracked? How come so many high-performance rotors have this, then? Are they a higher quality than RDA make?

Hipsi

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Trav
Drive
D40 Navara
cross drilling weakens any rotor regardless of their structural integrity. Many of your top shelf performance rotors may well be constructed out of higher grade steel than the DBA rotors, however I cannot conclusively comment on that. The DBA cross drilled rotors in particular have been known to crack on a reasonably regular basis under spirited use (just check the WRX forums).
You'll notice that the V8 Supercars do not use cross drilled rotors.

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
as informed by shop owners and sales reps.. slotted and dimpled rotors out-performs the DBA X-Drilled and Slotted.. even just with the price of it...

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
cross drilling weakens any rotor regardless of their structural integrity. Many of your top shelf performance rotors may well be constructed out of higher grade steel than the DBA rotors, however I cannot conclusively comment on that. The DBA cross drilled rotors in particular have been known to crack on a reasonably regular basis under spirited use (just check the WRX forums).
You'll notice that the V8 Supercars do not use cross drilled rotors.

As i mentioned in another thread, i have many friends that have had this happen, which i why i use RDA.

Talking of which Trav, can you PM a price on R32 GTR 324mm slotted front rotors, i have destroyed my current set by wearing down the pad through the backing plate!!

ivormui

Idling at the Lights
First Name
i-m
Drive
i still confused???

thx everyone for giving me advices, after i searched and combined all you guys info, i had few part number...
DBA rotors....DBA417 but how come RDA rotors part number start with dba too.....DBA7625s??? i still worry i will get the wrong one....

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
ill look for the boxes which mine came with, it's in the shed somewhere.. I'll take a photo of it..

Top Bottom