RE: No Speedo/Odomoeter...

Outlanded

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Brent
Drive
97 Legnum VR-4
Hey Guys,

had some pretty wild weather up here latley and my speedo/odometer has stopped registering speed/distance.

Is the sender located somewhere off the gearbox? Im assumings its gotten wet or something as no fuses are out, and the dash all lights up right and the rev tacho is fine?

If anyone can shed some light as to where to locate the sender that would be great.
Thanks,

Brent

G

Unregistered
top of the gear box, towards the back side....
(if i remember correctly)

Outlanded

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Brent
Drive
97 Legnum VR-4
thanks carsten!

Champion, right where you said.

Looks like it was just full of water.... on the freeway all day in the pouring rain... keep an eye out of your speedo stops working guys, its pretty hard to get to if you have big hands, need to remove rear turbo inlet piping...

Regards,
Brent

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
mine stopped working when i forgot to connect it back.. :D after 5 minutes of driving.. I went back to my folk's place and connected it back on..

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
now you just need to setup a switch that lets you enable or disable it as you please :)

Subaru ETA

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
David
Drive
97 Galant VR-4 M/T
for dodgy people like brad who want to keep the k's down on there car!
you then just guess your speed by using the rev counter.

alot of people here do it on diesels because they have to pay extra road user tax, which is distance based

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
when I went for a warrant my odometer was only showing 1121km's, obviously less than the 129xxxkm's it had travelled at the last wof, and the guy wrote it down and stuff, but didn't mention it to me at all and passed it straight away. Kind of surprised me...

Subaru ETA

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
David
Drive
97 Galant VR-4 M/T
yeah thats dtrange coz when he would have entered it onto the ltnz wof site it would have taken him to a page that says "distance traveled less then at last inspection". i didnt think it let you go past that stage!

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
it was on a busy saturday morning, I'm guessing he didn't enter it onto the website while I was there. It's his problem now!

Fred

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Fred
Drive
1998 Legnum VR-4 & 1999 Legnum VR-4 w. Recaros
does anyone know exactly where the tacho signal wire is on the g/box?
I had the cluster out, and the needle moves fine and isn't caught on anything, fuses are fine, and the speedo/temp guage still works???

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
it's basically on the top of the gearbox. Fairly difficult to see unless you remove the stock air box

Fred

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Fred
Drive
is the sensor on the back of the g/box near the firewall, or is it the one on top of the g/box near the thermostat housing...???

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
on top of the gearbox, near the thermostat housing..

the connector clips into this bracket/mount

Photo0205-edited.jpg

Fred

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Fred
Drive
checked the wiring, pulled out the sender, all ok, pulled out the cluster, all ok...??? Any idea's ... Borked sender unit... any idea how much they are/availability...

Top Bottom