Re-Pinning Turbo Timer Harness

Yo_Mang

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Blake
Drive
2002 Mitsubishi Legnum
Hey guys,

Today I randomly stopped by JustJap after discovering they are located about 3 minutes from my house! Decided to go in and have a look and ended up walking out with a Blitz Turbo Timer with an unknow harness. Looked at the plug on my Legnum ignition barrel and it looks damn close, only that the blank pin out of the 6 pins is out of place. To me it seems like maybe this harness that came with it is for earlier model Evos and I'm hoping to just re-pin this harness to use it.

So on our ignition barrels there are 5 wire.

Pin 1 - "R" - No connector
Pin 2 - "IG1" - White wire with Black Line
Pin 3 - "AM" - Red Wire
Pin 4 - "ACC" - Blue Wire with Yellow Stripe
Pin 5 - "ST" - Black Wire with Yellow Stripe
Pin 6 - "IG2" - Blue Wire with Red Stripe

Now repinning the harness that I have for the turbo timer should be straight forward, however there are 2 wires that are spliced together.

5 wires in total on the harness:

Red
Green
Blue
White
Yellow

White and Yellow wires are joined together. Does anyone know what pins these wires should go to? Maybe in order for this harness to work properly I need to separate these as they will give power when not wanted, or is there a way to hook it up properly? Any help is appreciated!

Cheers

Blake

Ozyvr4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Scott
Drive
2000 Legnum
The 2 wires that are spliced together are most likely ignition power. Our car has 2 ignition wires. 1 will power the engine and the 2nd will be the power things like the air con.
A pic of the harness would be great.

Yo_Mang

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Blake
Drive
2002 Mitsubishi Legnum
The 2 wires that are spliced together are most likely ignition power. Our car has 2 ignition wires. 1 will power the engine and the 2nd will be the power things like the air con.
A pic of the harness would be great.

Here's a photo of the harness. The wires coming off to come in to the turbo timer need to be:

Red - Power
Blue - Accesories
Green - Ignition

The 2 wires ususally have some heatshrink but I cut it to make sure they were actually joined. Will obviously replace this once it's going back in.

IMG_201412034065.jpg
IMG_2014120331899.jpg

Yo_Mang

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Blake
Drive
2002 Mitsubishi Legnum
Fixed the issue. Seperated the white and yellow wires so they just ran straight through. Pinned it as follows:

Red - Power
Blue - Accesories
Green - Ignition 2
White - Ignition 1
Yellow - Starter

White and yellow wires are passthrough, they do not go to the timer.

Hope this helps someone else!

Top Bottom