Rear Vision Mirror Rattle

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
G'Day All,

Does anyone have big audio in a Legnum and have or had the problem of the rear vision mirror rattling?

Mine is AWFUL!!!! I can't stand it!

Single 12" at 300RMS was OK but dual 12" 300RMS each is making it almost fall off the windscreen.......

Does anyone know how i could take it off to inspect it? See if i can secure better or know a better way to fix it?

Any help would be awesome!

Dawso

frozen

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Josh
Drive
1990 Mitsubishi GTO
Formerly: 1996 Galant VR-4
i got 2 12" type R's... they made the mirror in my previous car fall off so i know what you mean :p it shits me now cause the galant was perfect till i put these subs in, now the mirror shakes even on exhaust sometimes, and there are more and more rattles appearing. gonna sell the subs one day i think :p

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
Geez, how much bass is too much? lol

I only have a 10" sub and it goes doof doof enough for me... no rattles

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
Derek you do have a nice install, but you have the problem that the neighbors can't hear you! ;)

Did or does anyone have a solution for this?

Or know how to get the mirror out to have a look at it?

Carsten or Brad? You guys know nearly everything else bout these cars lol.... And Carsten you would have this problem for sure with the Digital Design 15"......

Help Me :redface:

Dawso

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
Derek you do have a nice install, but you have the problem that the neighbors can't hear you! ;)

haha I think it's more the case that living in the country, your neighbours are farther away... therefore the need for a bigger sub! lol

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
:ROFLMAO:

The lady across the street yelled at me the other day coz i was "rattling the windows on her house"....... lol.........

She has 7 kids living there, all rednecks with their utes and UHF's and stuff, 20 cats and a few dogs that are always on the road pissing on my car etc, and they have their bloody Garth Brooks Greatest hits CD playing flat out from 8AM in the morning!!!!!

And she whinges at me? lol........

Dawso

JRVR4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Justin
Drive
2000 galant type V manual
mmm mine rattles like a bitch just with a 12'. Not only does it sound bad but it aint good for my vision if i wanna check if theres cop cars coiming up my ass! Anyone got a solution to this problem...apart from turn down the stereo lol.

G

Unregistered

Did or does anyone have a solution for this?

Or know how to get the mirror out to have a look at it?

Carsten or Brad? You guys know nearly everything else bout these cars lol.... And Carsten you would have this problem for sure with the Digital Design 15"......

Help Me :redface:

Dawso

I had a solution for mine. And it worked. I put little bits of cardboard between the mirror arm and the bit on the windscreen. Lol, but it works. I wish they had a mirror like my girlfriends magna mounted to the roof = no rattle

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
James, if it works for you then thats good enough for me!!!!!!!

How do you get the mirror off though?

Dawso

G

Unregistered
sorry never solved this one,

in my ST is used to spin round like a propeller :p
in the vr4 is fine :p

mike has solved his mirror rattle thou,
PM him, mpau009 on here or club vr4

was something about it not being clipped in place correctly

G

Unregistered
I left the mirror on and slipped it in the sides and top and bottom. I only used thin cardboard (about 2mm thick). You can see the cardboard slightly but i trimmed around and neatened it up a bit and it is heaps better than mirror rattle when pumpin the sub. Lol!

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
Thanks James, i'll give that a go as a temp fix.....

Will need something more permanent though...... Anyone?

Carsten, i haven't heard back from Mike either. Hopefully he might get back to me over the w/e as i will be away so it'll be a nice surprise when i get back!

Dawso

G

Unregistered
i think there is a seem on the mirror base close to the windscreen, i was guessing thats where you would remove it from.. if anyone stuffs their mirror i didnt say shit.lol

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
You will need to write a disclaimer for your advice lol....

BTW, the cardboard from a cigarette packet worked brilliantly lol.....

But i do need something better than that lol.....

I will have a look into your idea Joe! (So write your disclaimer already ;))

Dawso

G

Unregistered
this is my disclaimer (if anyone stuffs their mirror i didnt say shit.lol)
good luck. try a small flathead screw driver and a cloth to pry that little compartment open, thats what i would do.. as i said (if anyone stuffs their mirror i didnt say shit.lol)

Top Bottom