Respraying legnum

jaygore

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jamie
Drive
1998 Series 2 Pearl White Legnum
Hey guys im just looking for a few oppinions, iv seen alot of the normal coloured legnums on here some rare and some not so rare...

I found out the other day that a guy i know now has his own business in panel beating and can even do airbrushing(not that i would)

But my car is going to be getting fixed so what i was thinking was maybe respraying it not long after this when i can get some more money together...

I spose im after some oppinions on what colour you think would suite the Legnums, as an aftermarket colour, nothing toooo out there though..or is it best to stay the stock colours?

throw me some ideas

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
1/19 2002 FL Legnum Type 'S' Manual in Black with Suede Recaro's!
It will come down to personal preference but i am a sucker for colours like MY99 WRX Blue, GTR Bayside Blue. Also you just cant beat a really nice silver i.e Mercedes style etc

jaygore

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jamie
Drive
yea i didnt think of an awesome blue like those, i love the wrx blue and a nice dark siler would do down a treat, im just hopeless with colours hahaha, and i also think that with the shape and stlye of the legnum you really cant have anything to out there

Peter_D

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Pete
Drive
Cab Colt & Evo 6
I'd really like to see a Holden Ute green or purple.
Not!
Actually my 93 GTS-T skyline was a awesome black with coloured flecks in it. I'd love to see how that colour would go on the Legnum or Galant.

jaygore

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jamie
Drive
yea that was one of the things i was just reading about... Just trying to get a different looking colour out there

Madhav

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Madhav
Drive
96 S2 RZ Supra with 500whp
There was those video games, need for speed, cant remember whether it was carbon or pro street, you can basically paint your car what ever colour u like realtime, good for experimentation.

What u like only u can know?

EDIT: I actually became a fan of matte black from that game, it can look totally awesome with the right rims, it can also look like primer if done cheaply...

29nw754.jpg

4128.jpg

G

Unregistered
it really depends on what you can afford to do,

if you going with a low cost job (closed door job)
id go with the stock colour or something similar, as the engine bay/door jams will still be stock,

if you going all out, and getting a full proper paint job, ive always liked a nice blue metallic or pearl,
or even gun metal,

jaygore

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jamie
Drive
yea well i would want to go all out if i was to get it done... And i am seriously considering a nice dark blue/metallic blue, something very similar to that...

and that R34 GTR purple is pretty sweet to...

have there been many other considering doing this

Mortz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Luke M
Drive
1997 Legnum VR4
I think there would have been more then a few people considering getting resprayed, but no one has actually bit the bullet and got it done. Sartori's (sp?) VR-4 has been resprayed a light blue and it definitely stands out. I would personally go a more down low colour, but it's your car and i wouldn't mind seeing a VR-4 in scrape-your-eyes-out yellow lol.
Anyone know how much laying down new paint costs?

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
2000 Mitsubishi Legnum Type S
Depends on the colour but from memory about $3000 upwards, Can anyone else confirm?

bogan bob

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Dion
Drive
'15 Amarok
I think id struggle to pick between midnight purple (although the stock purple colour is dam nice) and the wrc blue (but then you might look like a wrx).

I do like the matte black but more so in a drift-pig spec situation

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
1/19 2002 FL Legnum Type 'S' Manual in Black with Suede Recaro's!
There would be so much involved in painting the car matt finish and pulling it off. For starters the matt finish would make every single dent, ripple & imperfection stand out like dogs...
I reckon you would be up for a good 5k+ for a decent full respray including engine bay...

Mac Dog

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Macca
Drive
Red 1997 Legnum
Yeah 5k was a quote for a full respray.

But in all honesty if I just get my red resprayed, then I might just get a closed door job.

bratwurst_boy

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
daniel
Drive
98 legnum type s, jzza70 supra
i really like the colours in the mazda 6 line up. i like the radiant ebony and stormy blue.

mazda-6-colours.jpg

Or this is the colour on my supra its a factory toyota colour i really like it alot.

IMGP0705resized.jpg

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
I like both of those blues. Just a pity that they have overstyled the car too much!

Top Bottom