Rim centre caps?

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Quick question: I have Koya Drift Tek 17x8+34 rims on my car, but the castle nuts for the hub bolts (which were originally nicely gold electroplated) are starting to go rusty. I want to get some centre caps to protect the hubs, but the nuts sit proud of the face of the rim hub, so standard centre caps won't work. Anyone know if there are centre caps with raised centres that would do the job?

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
I've never seen anyone running driftys with centre caps. So I'm going to say it's not possible...

You might be able to bodge something to kind of fit but judging by the way you go about things with your car I doubt the word "bodge" fills your heart with joy.

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Haha you know me well Tim ;) I don't dislike the look with the exposed nut and hub bolt, but the rust looks terrible :(

Thanks for your responses, I'll measure them up and do some digging...

matchtheclown

Time p33nt
First Name
hugh
Drive
99 VR-4 Type S Man
You could probably sketch up a drawing what you wanted and get any engineering place to quote it for you out of stainless, aluminum or steel.

Aluminum and get it anodised to match your wheels.

I'm thinking about the some thing similar for mine. The center caps for 5zigen GN+ are carbon fiber though and not easy to find local.

Top Bottom