Rims that will clear brembo's.....

SLY-031

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Joel
Drive
VR-4 Legnum
yeah they are just clip on's, the metal is still there behind the clip on, so you don't gain anyway actual room, but it can help to keep the car legal.

Such a shame really. Evo 5/6 also suffered from this. Awesome looking guards, which end up being useless do to clips and original guards underneath etc.

G

Unregistered
hopefully 17x9" +30, otherwise it might be 17x8" +30
and about 2k without tyres.

G

Unregistered
Bee*R B5's... pure horn!

you can get cheaper copies from Driftek, Koya, and URAS for about $1400 too

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
Bee*R B5's... pure horn!

you can get cheaper copies from Driftek, Koya, and URAS for about $1400 too

OH so you're getting the genuine articles! Good boy!

I saw these on RHDJapan - is that who you're getting them through?

cheers

Lee

G

Unregistered
not sure yet...

dont know about genuine either, i dont think Bee*R make an offset that will fit the leggy, but the copies *might* fit with their +30's.

i have to sell my other 4 sets of rims before i can buy these though :(

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
Yeah I just checked RHDJapan and they only show the 18x9.5s with a 38mm offset but they only cost AUD 1473.44 via surface post - good price!

Maybe fire them an email and check what other sizes they can supply.

cheers

Lee

G

Unregistered
yeah, pity they wont fit, +35 would have been perfect.

just noticed the Bee*R's dont come in black either.. only the copies.

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Goddamnit Mitch that's exactly the sort of rim I've been looking for - those are tough as! I must have looked at more than a thousand five-spoke black rims in the past two months - want something meaty as I think the slimmer spoked rims don't suit the shape of the car that well.

Good find. Although I'll avoid getting the same rim, I think we're looking for such similar things ending up with similar results will be unavoidable... Oh well at least the cars are completely different colours!

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
over here the copies are being sold under the drift-tek name and are about $1200 for the full set. They are nice looking wheels indeed :)

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Having found a photo of them on a Stagea now, I dunno if they're actually a bit too over the top? Mind you that looks like a 19" there, which is stupid big...

1031-001.jpg

G

Unregistered
they are the genuine Bee*R ones, 18x9.5 +25 i think.. sooooooo hot!

SLY-031

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Joel
Drive
VR-4 Legnum
Bee*R B5's come in 18 at the largest.

I tried the drift teks from my R31 onto the Legnum, and posted all specs and info. Seems it was lsot in a thread somewhere and ignored.

Basically, If you want to roll your guards, a 17x9 +35 fits on the rear with up to a 255. Up front, a 17x9+35 hangs quite a bit, though should also fit with some guard rolling and flaring.

SLY-031

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Joel
Drive
VR-4 Legnum
Ok, found it. Was in the thread about what wheels for your VR4, which I think should be merged into this one, with useless chit chat cut out. Business only :p. Anyway, here is my rundown.

This is true for all makers/modifiers/owners I suppose. Anyway, back on topic.

I pulled the wheels off my car as seen in picture (A) and (G). They are:

-Front 17x8 +45
-Rear 17x9 +45 (with 10mm slip on spacer)

Tyres are:

-Front 235/45R17
-Rear 255/40R17

Now, on the rear, I think a 17x9 +35 is PERFECT. The 255 is a tad overkill in my eyes, I would rather run a 235 or 245 at the MAX. The tyres scrub the very outer edge of tread on the guard, this is due to 1) stock suspension, and 2) the guards are not rolled. If I were to roll the guards, a 255/40R17 on a 17x9 +35 would tuck under PERFECTLY.

I parked the car on the gutter to compress one side, the result showing how this 255 clad 9" +35 wheel sits as seen in picture (B) and (C).

As there are possible issues, relating to the centre differential, with running wheels and tyres of different sizes, I also tried a 17x9 +35 on the front. The tyres on the black wheels are 225/45(stolen from the R31).

Unfortunately the fitment is quite mexican. I am not sure how much camber you get when lowering the car properly, MAYBE enough to get the tops of these tyres to tuck inside a rolled AND flared guard. Hard to know. Either way, a 17x9 +35 with 225/45R17 on the front sits as seen in picture (D) and (E).

This SHOULD give you fella's an idea of what may and may not fit. Inner clearance on the back with the 9 +35 is fine, 255 is as big as you can go without touching the wishbone. Inner clearance on the front with a 17x8 +45 and 235/45 is fine, as is the 17x9 +35 with a 225/45, though larger tyres one the 9 would also be ok.

And as a side note, I am a bit of a fan of Black on Black as seen in picture (F), in a non-sexual, completely clean way of course :p

This turned out to be a bit more of an essay than first planned, just doing my bit for the OZVR4 community ;)

Picture (A)
Image001.jpg

Picture (B)
Image006.jpg

Picture (C)
Image007.jpg

Picture (D)
Image004.jpg

Picture (E)
Image005.jpg

Picture (F)
Image008.jpg

Picture (G)
Image003.jpg

G

Unregistered
do drift-tek's come in 17x9 +35? cause all the other ones are only 17x9 +30, which could cause some problems.

+35 with a set of flares and i'll be set i reckon!

Top Bottom