Administrator
First Name
Bill
Drive
2000 Galant Type-V
1997 MK Triton GLS [6G74 conversion]
2019 i30 N-Line
Hey Guys,

I got cut off by a BMW driver last night... long story short, a simple toot of the horn to and hard on the brakes to avoid it ended up with the passenger of the BMW at the next set of lights coming to my passenger window having a go at me for speeding up etc.

to avoid a further situation, i turned off - but as i did, i had a rock thrown at my car.

Problem is i don't have the rego number of the car...

Its a black BMW 318i ( i think) with P plates, and CC premium plates.

I'm at a loss as to what to do as my car has been damaged. filed a police report, but they cant do much about it, and i'm not keen on paying my insurance excess.

any advice from someone whos had a similar incident?

Slinz

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Grubby Nissan
Wow that's average. Not sure that you'll be able to get very far with the police though :(

bogan bob

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Dion
Drive
'15 Amarok
pretty bad, the rock is stepping over the line especially - surely they werent keeping one in the car just in case ??? how big a rock are we talking?

Do you drive that route regularly? only thing i can suggest is to keep an eye out for them again if you do

Jimmy_EC5W

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
James
Drive
1998 Pearl White Legnum, Atlas Grey VN SS
How much damage and where?

Unfortunately there's not much you can do mate - just like when my car boot got broken into in my own driveway and all my audio equipment and toolbox got stolen..

File a report and hope for the best... 3 years later still nothing! So very doubtful unless you drive around or have stalk on facey.

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
Jimmy i edited your post as the first part was completely uncalled for. No racial slurrs like that please

Jimmy_EC5W

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
James
Drive
1998 Pearl White Legnum, Atlas Grey VN SS
lol ok, we all know its true! I mean, one did reverse into my car the other day and didnt admit it - even though his towbar had traces of my cars paint!

Damn them and their fanny packs!

az1310

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Aaron
Drive
1999 Legnum VR4
who the hell keeps rocks in their car to trow at other cars.

steveP

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Steve
Drive
VR4 Galant
Nothing you can do unfortunately, even if you have their plates the police won't do much.

Had an incident years ago where these tools in their shitbox were swerving between traffic and just being general knobs. They try to pass me but I just cruise along at the speed limit, which ended up blocking them. They finally get in front and lock up their car in front of me and speed off. I managed to get their plates and reported to the police. They said they would go around to their place and try to defect their car. Who knows what ended up happening.

Also had a weird incident the other day. Was waiting to turn right at a set of lights and there was a car in front of me. The lights go green and they didn't go; I think they were texting. So I give a small toot to say the light is green. They then agressively toot back and floor it. I was like 'lol wtf'. Was some stupid bimbo who's never been told off in her life. Lucky I was in my silvia, so pulled in front of her and bagged it up a bit lol.

ttgvr4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
steve
Drive
02 vr4 galant, 92 vr4, 85 starion
I had a egg thrown at my drivers door 2wks ago up TTP way was driving through a intersection and by the time i could turn around they were long gone and the lights were camera ones which sucked even more, it looked like a silver VY/VZ commadore and i am now left with millions of little chips in the shape of a egg:( so angry at what happened and that i couldnt get the plate so its coming out of my pocket just like what happened to Steve, Police do sh%$ about it which leaves us to take it into our own hands, god i hope i find out who did it:)

Abusive

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Justin
Drive
2000 Legnum
Here's a funny one. I Had a redneck fuck many years ago got a little angry with me in a small town in NSW, he pulled up in front of me and I pulled up of course... (not one to run in fear). I asked him WTF his problem was and he went off like an idiot. He then said to me "Your lucky it's daytime you little black bastard, or I would shoot you and drag your body into the bushes". What's funny about that is I'm not black, I'm 6th gen Aussie on my mothers side and my old man is about as Pommie as the Queen. I told the stupid prick he would 'need' a gun and to go jam it up his arse and pull the trigger. The fool got sooooo worked up I swear he was inches away from a heartache or something.

Obviously I went and had a chat to the police about it and they said just what you would expect. "Sorry, there's not much we can do about it". My answer to that was "Oh well, guess you'll know why it happened when you see him laid up in hospital if it happens again". Then they reluctantly went and 'spoke' to him. What a joke.

bogan bob

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Dion
Drive
'15 Amarok
Bill, are you sure it had cc plates? I saw a car that fitted the bill (sorry) above, complete with driver driving like a douche through traffic. But it had normal SA plates (can let you know what they are if you want)

ECfiveA

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mathew
Drive
97 Galant VR4
I was passing a heap of cars stuck behind a bus on flagstaff hill drv when a black commodore started to move over on me when I was at his A pillar so beeped and he quickly swerved back into his lane. I didn't think much of it, but as i got home he drove up my street which is a no through rd and came back passed. I thought WTF did that wanker follow me home

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
I was passing a heap of cars stuck behind a bus on flagstaff hill drv when a black commodore started to move over on me when I was at his A pillar so beeped and he quickly swerved back into his lane. I didn't think much of it, but as i got home he drove up my street which is a no through rd and came back passed. I thought WTF did that wanker follow me home

I'd be careful for now though, in case he comes back and tries something stupid with your car..

steveP

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Steve
Drive
VR4 Galant
Oh talking of bogan country towns, many years ago I was driving to melbourne via the south east. Stopped somewhere around Robe to fill up the petrol. This was like 10pm at night and the servo was totally empty. Anyway me and the gf get out and stretch our legs for a bit, start filling up and this car pulls up behind us waiting to use the bowser (mind you there were like 4 other bowsers free). We fill up, go inside to pay, get some snacks or whatever and the people waiting have got out their car and are going off at us. Again, another one of those 'wtf is with these retards' moments. They claim that we purposely parked in front of the LPG bowser and then taunted them by taking our time to pay. I'm like 'why didn't you just ask us to move, how can I read your mind or know what fuel you're running'. Was a bunch of bogans who couldn't comprehend such a concept.

BCX

Administrator
First Name
Bill
Drive
2000 Galant Type-V
1997 MK Triton GLS [6G74 conversion]
2019 i30 N-Line
pretty bad, the rock is stepping over the line especially - surely they werent keeping one in the car just in case ??? how big a rock are we talking?

Do you drive that route regularly? only thing i can suggest is to keep an eye out for them again if you do

I do drive regularly the same route... as my girlfriend lives in reynella/morphett vale.

I was on my way to my girlfriends place. about 10-15 metres after the south rd/black rd intersection is where it all started. I was in the middle lane, they were in the lane to the right of me. there was another car in front of them in their lane, when the gap was big enough they squeezed between me and the other car. I only got my car back from the crash repairs 1-2 days before (got about 2k of paint work done... remove parking sensors, stone chips etc so i'm pretty precious of it)

later down the road at southern expressway/south rd intersection, we all got stopped at the lights. his passenger came to my passenger window and started abusing me, it got a little bit heated I must admit - but only cos he started having a go at me for speeding up as they changed lanes, etc

the lights turned green, he had to run back to his car, so naturally I got ahead. i decided to turn off to avoid additional confrontation where wayne philis ford service centre is in reynella.. (plus i was coming up for my gfs house, so they dont see where i turn in etc). i was pretty pissed off at this point so i thought to my self, i'm better to turn off and cool than for it to blow up into something bigger next set of lights.

as i turned off south road, I heard a thud from the back 1/4 of my car (drivers side) and passenger window of their car down with him hanging out. they had also cut accross lanes to be along side me as they chucked the rock.

i fanged it through the side streets to get myself back on south road so i could get a rego number, but by then, they had gone somewhere...

i went back to where it happened, couldnt find anything obvoious that they would have chucked... except for a rock. i'd say they picked it up at the last intersection where they had a go at me.

How much damage and where?

Rear drivers 1/4 panel... two deep stone chips
i happen to know it costs $600-700ish to paint the rear 1/4 as I just had the passenger side painted to fix a chip + dent a few days before this all happened.

Bill, are you sure it had cc plates? I saw a car that fitted the bill (sorry) above, complete with driver driving like a douche through traffic. But it had normal SA plates (can let you know what they are if you want)

lol @ pun... i'm pretty sure it had cc plates... but i could be mistaken. possibly a 7 or 2 in the number plate?

i know it was a black 318i (1992ish?), p plates (p plate was on drivers side bottom of rear window), tinted windows, LEDs lighting the rear number plate (actually made it hard to read plates)

Top Bottom