Sart0ri aka Adam // Sydney, NSW

sart0ri

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Adam
Drive
2000 VR-4 Galant
Hi All,

I have recently bought a fresh off the boat, 2000 model manual 8G facelift VR4 Spec-V and am currently in the process of removing the rough edges that imports come with.

Looking forward to meeting some of you at a Sydney meet or dyno day in the near future.

vr4-02.jpg

vr4-03.jpg

Regards,

Sart0ri

Kitty's VR4

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Kat
Drive
Legnum, Audi RS6
Welcome to the group Adam

Nice ride.........

We'll be doing a run in Early March, watch the NSW thread, finalised details will be up 3rd week of February, hopefully you'll be ready to rock and roll and meet some of the twisted brothers and sisters of the NSW VR4 fraternity.

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
Welcome to the club Adam,

I have to ask, are you the person who bought the PROS Galant from Edward Lee's ?

From the photos, it looks just like it !

You just simply HAVE to bring it to the next meet, though I'm not sure if you're going to want to take that piece of beauty across a dirt road mate ;)

Kitty's VR4

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Kat
Drive
Legnum, Audi RS6
Brad, for those not interested in the dirt section, they can double back from St.Albans after the Lunch and meet up with daredevils after the dirt section, for the cruise back to Peats Ridge regroup point, as previously posted the dirt section will only take place after we check the condition of the road on the 22nd.

dimi_108

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dimi
Drive
NSX/Magna/M5
Welcome to the club Adam.
So you were the one who bought the Pros Galant VR-4 :)
Awesome ride. Looking forward to seeing it at the Dyno Day on Sunday.

Be sure to check the Dyno Day thread for any updates etc.

sart0ri

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Adam
Drive
2000 VR-4 Galant
Thanks for the welcome.

Yes its the PROS Galant from Edward Lees, I wouldn't recommend them BTW.

I don't think I can make the dyno day this weekend, I am doing a 10hr outage on my companies main UNIX system early Sunday morning.

I will be getting the car dyno'd today when I set up the HKS EVC and check the a/f ratios, I will post the results :)

Regards,
Sart0ri

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
Ohhh cool, you bought that one!

My thoughts exactly :D

Welcome to the site bro, and good to see that damn sexy car went to a NSW person.... Hope to see you at our next meet!

And don't worry about Eddie Lees. Its like being a pedophile. Sometimes you just can't help being the way that you are

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
Wow, that is HOT..

The exact colour I was considering the respray of mine LOL.. You beat me to it, kinda.. haha..

Nice pick up mate, saw that one advertised.. Very nice :D

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
edit.. i didn't read the post above...

nice car dude.. i would've grabbed that if i had the chance...

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
Thanks for the welcome.

Yes its the PROS Galant from Edward Lees, I wouldn't recommend them BTW.

I don't think I can make the dyno day this weekend, I am doing a 10hr outage on my companies main UNIX system early Sunday morning.

I will be getting the car dyno'd today when I set up the HKS EVC and check the a/f ratios, I will post the results :)

Regards,
Sart0ri

Cool I'd like to see what this car is putting out power-wise.

Oh by the way, when you come to our meets, don't mind us ripping out all your PROS stuff so we can start making copies of them HEHE :p

Hehe so tell us all about YOUR experience with Edward Lee's .. I think most in Sydney have a story about them !

sart0ri

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Adam
Drive
2000 VR-4 Galant
The car is still at the tuners, I have one of their courtesy car though, they are either slow or thorough, probably both.

The guys at Edward Lees had no idea about the mods on the car, I bought it because I looked it up on the internet when they said it was a show car for PROS, and I needed a new car after my S15 Silvia got stolen.

When I test drove the car it had a HKS EVC boost controller set at 19.2psi, when I picked up the car they had reset it to wastegate boost and said they couldn't give me warranty while it had a boost controller. At least they gave it to me in a box with all the other electronics... They also didnt do the stuff they said they would, service, detailing etc, and they delay the pickup day a couple of times. Anyway, it is currently at the tuners getting its boost back :)

I have defeated your unusual emoticons! muhahaha!! OK, I'm a nerd

Sart0ri

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
1999 Legnum Type S
That's an interesting intake pipe design, seems to be too many bends. But I do like the Y pipe! That's exactly what I've been planning.

Madhav

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Madhav
Drive
96 S2 RZ Supra with 500whp
Nice car mate, very original.

Be good to see what the actual turbos are in it? See if you can find out hey?

Engine bay looks very professional, those welds would have taken a long time, only thing I would change is the pod filter and have it moved where the battery currently is and a bit if a cold air intake system, but even so, those dudes in Japan probably thought of this to some degree I'd imagine, as by the looks of their other work it appears they knew what they were doing!!

Be interesting to see what sort of power you get also.

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
Wow one of the nicest VR4 engine bays I've seen! Looks like alot of clean professional work done there, great pick up dude!

Top Bottom