SAUWA Driver Training Day - Dec 12th

G

Unregistered
I know this is short notice, but Skylines Australia are short a few people for a Double Skidpan Day this weekend. All the necessary information is on the SAUWA forums (HERE).

Unfortunately I wont be able to make this, but I'm hoping some VR4 owners would be willing to attend.

Skylines Australia said:
**NOTE THIS IS FOR AN AFTERNOON SESSION**

Hey guys and gals,

Due to overwhelming demand to mix up the driver training a bit, we're please to offer you a chance to do the double skidpan!!!

We the booked Driver Training day on the skidpan at the RAC Facility (formerly AHG) in Kewdale!! This event will count towards the Driver Training requirement we discussed Here.

This event is open to all SAUWA members, whether you've competed in a single skidpan event or not. If we have trouble getting numbers then it will be opened up to non-Members, so make sure you secure your spot quickly.

Please make sure you read and understand all requirements before signing up to this event. Getting there on the day and saying you didnt realise the requirments and are not prepared (not having a helmet etc) will result in you being excluded and no refund will be given. So make sure you know what you need to have!!

The training is held in a controlled environment on a skidpan with an instructor. We have paid for two instructors so everyone gets more time training (otherwise a lot of time is lost while the instructor changes cars). We am unsure who the instructors will be at the moment, however we have done several of these days and recommend any of thier instructors.

You will do a variety of motor-kahna style challenges, which aim to teach things like handling of your vehicle, braking, driver seating postion and several other techniques.

HELMETS ARE REQUIRED - RAC no longer have any so you must supply your own helmet.
- If you don't have a helmet, and can't borrow one then let us know and we'll try and assist.

When - Saturday December 12th (Afternoon)
Time - 12.15pm SHARP - 4.20pm. Driver briefing is at 12.30 so BE ON TIME!! (Missing Briefing means NO track time)
Cost - $105 for SAUWA Members. $115 for non SAUWA Members (If spaces available)
Where - RAC Driver Training Facility. Grogan Road Perth International Airport

Please note this is primarily member's only event, so you will be required to be a current financial member to be eligible. Places will go to members first and if there are any left, non-members can attend at full charge ($115)

There are only 16 spots available so please PM me if you wish to participate and pay into the SAUWA bank account details below - as you will need to pay within 7 days to confirm your spot. (First in first served basis sorry). We will not be chasing people up for payments. If you have not paid within 7 days, your spot will be cancelled with out notice and given to someone else. When you send me your PM to confirm your spot, please give me your full name, contact phone number and what model car you will be driving (preferably colour and model) so a running list can be prepared for the day and it will also make it easier for us to work out the order on the day.

Your name will NOT be added to the attendees list unless you PM me, this means we won't be taking names down from people just posting their interest in this thread.

Driver/Vehicle requirements:

Current and Valid Drivers License
Long Sleeve top, long pants required
Helmet
Fully enclosed foot wear
Car to be registered with no safety defects
Seatbelts both left and right hand side front
All loose items removed from inside the vehicle
Road legal tyres (no slicks)

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.

Cheers
Paul

SAUWA Account Details

Daniel W Brady
BSB: 016359
Account# 571542655
Description: RAC DEC " SAU Username"

1. AD4M -PAID
2. Spektor - Lancer
3. Ten Four - BMW 540i - PAID
6. mosoto - Black V25 - PAID
7. Ecentrix - R32 GTR -PAID
8. Maka - Pulsar GTiR - PAID
9. Adrian Jameson - R32 GTR - PAID
10. Simon Duke - R32 GTR - PAID
11. ohno1 - R32 GTR - Paid

Hank Scorpio

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Lachlan
Drive
Mazda JC Cosmo, Mazda FC3C RX7 Convertible
I have been to one recently through SAU and can vouch that it is a great day out. Once I flicked off the traction control... :D

G

Unregistered
I agree, I went to one similar to this but hosted by AFARCC and it was tremendous fun. Really wish I could have done this.

mills_88

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Matt
Drive
Toyota Supra RZ - The Project
Holden Commodore SS VF Series 2 - The Daily
Was considering this when my mate told me about it but theres just no way id get it off work this time of year.

Buckas

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dan
Drive
97 manual legnum
id be keen to go to another one now that my car is more working haha. unfortunately ill be in europe. dont get too depressed by the 4wd lachlan

Top Bottom