setting boost!

sexspecvr4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
ADAM
Drive
GALANT VR4
hi guyes i just got a turbo xs boost controler and i dont have a boost gauge just wondering if anyone is runnig one of thease and how maney turnes is about 10-13 psi

can anyone help

just realy keen to get it in but carnt afford a boost gauge atm.

thanks guyes !!!

G

Unregistered
I will have the same MBC by next week so I'll be able to tell you next week sometime, will install a boost guage this weekend.
Did you get the High performance turbo XS one?

sexspecvr4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
ADAM
Drive
GALANT VR4
yeah i got the hight proformance one it looks pritty good just keen the feel the differance with a bit more boost

sexspecvr4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
ADAM
Drive
GALANT VR4
but boost cut is like hitting a wall so i belive wats the cheepist boost gauge around u know?

Sydo

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andy
Drive
Me Crazy
just turn it until you hit boost cut, then back it off one turn.

Exactly!

but boost cut is like hitting a wall so i belive wats the cheepist boost gauge around u know?

No, it's not that bad. It's like a quick stutter.. The car pauses for a split second, and then continues on it's way. You won't hit the steering wheel or anything like that.

A cheap gauge will set you back about $40.. You'll spend an hour installing it, use it once, and never look at it again. Alternatively - you could spend about $80, spend two hours installing it, and have a gauge that you wont be embarressed about having on your dash. Still entirely useless however.

sexspecvr4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
ADAM
Drive
GALANT VR4
thats all i want it for set the boost then piss it off im thinking bout 12psi wat u think

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
make sur dat ur hows clamps arr berri tayt.. oderways it will pop!

goodluck..

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
im just pulling ya leg.. hope no offence taken...

but seriously.. make sure that your hose clamps are tight, otherwise it'll keep popping.. replace them with silicon hoses like what Ivan's selling.. they're very good.. speaking (or should I say.. typing) from experience..

or if you can source yourself some hard pipe kit.. then that's the way to go..

sexspecvr4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
ADAM
Drive
GALANT VR4
thanks lee i was getting worryed then well i of the the garage to install it ill let u know how i go just going to follow the how to install boost controller on hear! ill make sure the mbc is turned all the way off when i install then turn in 1 full turnes at a time . thanks for the help guyes

sexspecvr4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
ADAM
Drive
GALANT VR4
oh and another thing was it money well spend and how much umph did it give ya feel a great differance?

sexspecvr4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
ADAM
Drive
GALANT VR4
my first boost cut!!!!!

hey guyes i just fitted my turbo xs mbc and dammmm wat a differance i wounded it out so i would hit boost cut it was a sharp judder and i backed of stright away does that mean 15psi has been reached? so i pulled over and turned it back bout half turn and holding boost with out a drama . it night time hear 8.30 so i know it wont matter in hotter climate its the cold that has a impact on the boost level. so now that it holds boost i guessing its on bout 11-14 psi . is it DEFENTLY safe to have this boost pressure 24/7. i took the rpm to 5 and a half in third and forth (forth doing bout 150kph) and holding nicly . but wat a differance it pulled harder than a 12year old on stock boost, now wat can i say very happy money well spend thanks guys for all the help

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
Adam, try to keep your posts in the same thread if they are related. I've moved your new thread in here.

G

Unregistered
replace them with silicon hoses like what Ivan's selling.. they're very good..

Hey um where is there more info of the boost gauge silicone hoses?
My boost gage came with hard white tubing, HHmmm probably don't need the silonce stuff? What diameter is the silicon stuff anyway?

And what is the inside diameter of the silicone hose for the MBC?

Yes I'm being a bit lazy as I haven't pulled anything apart yet.

Top Bottom